Where are the V bins?!??

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have heard about the SSC Vbins coming for many months now but not hide nor hair lately... Anyone seen any updates? Waiting to update my Novatac till Milky gets a batch in, but I am growing impatient :[

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm guessing around the time the R4 bins come out.

The enginerring samples are already out from what I've heard.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have heard about the SSC Vbins coming for many months now but not hide nor hair lately... Anyone seen any updates? Waiting to update my Novatac till Milky gets a batch in, but I am growing impatient :[

+1

daveman

Enlightened
SSC's V bin is not a matter of when, but if. Cree has to okay the shipment of the dies necessary to SSC before anything can happen. Sometimes in business, contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on... I personally think we'll see R4 or even R5 from Cree before a V bin from SSC.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
If and when they come out with the V bin SSC, I plan to mod another SL Stinger LED with it.

Does anyone know the specs on the V bin?

daveman

Enlightened
Suppose to be somewhere between 125 to 150 lumens at 350 ma, I think. But again, its nothing more than vaporware right now.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
my goal for this year is to have my novatac milky modded to a v-bin with a slightly warm tint. Hope it is not too lofty a goal.