Anybody into small knives

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I travel a lot for business to places that have restrictions to blade size and fixed blades. So I have been carrying a Spyderco Dragonfly for years and have grown to love this thing. The blade is only slightly smaller than the delica but allowed into places (such as Boston) that restrict blade length to 2.5". The handle is designed very well to have a secure grip and the best part is that it folds to a very compact size. There are very few cutting chores this knife cannot handle I even use it outdoors.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
When size is an issue, I carry a Jester or a Benchmite, depending on whether I'm "dressed-up" or not. A Gerber Ridge with the clip removed is also a great small, thin carry knife.

cutlerylover

Banned
I LOVE my little Peter Atwood Skeeter, tiny little neck knife, but when I am in public I sometiems use that as to not scare the sheeple...lol, for such a tiny blade it handles many of my daily cutting chores...Its suprising how little of a cuttign edge we all really need to get the job done...

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a nice little Kershaw Onion framelock (assisted opening), an Anso necker, and a little Ivan Campos PFB. They are all "pocketable" and useful. The little Kershaw has seen the most use.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry a Swiss Army knife or two.

vic-moneyclip.jpg
vic-moneyclip2.jpg

traveller-lite.jpg

firstmate2.jpg

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried a beautiful Cold Steel Tuff Lite for years, until losing it. Haven't seen anything yet to compare in terms of small size and beefy construction. Sure would be interested in a suitable replacement but have practically given up looking.

DaveG

Enlightened
A Spyderco Lady Bug,handles some jobs very well for such a small blade.I like it with the combo blade.

OhCanada

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Lone Wolf T2 which is a big folder and sometimes gets comments on the size from sheeple.

If I was to carry a smaller folder it would be Spyderco as I have carried an Endura for years and they have smaller models but the same familiar design.

I'd also consider one of the pocket sized fix blade but these tend to be customs and are not sold around here like Spydercos.

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
Anyone looking for a small fixed blade may want to look at the KABAR TDI. With a custom pocket sheath, it might be just the right mix of size and usability.

Regards,
Dirty Bob

bouncer

Enlightened
I like small fixed blades Atwoods are awesome not that I own one. I'm looking at another Emerson La Griffe .kabar last ditch and a shivworks lil'loco

bubbajoe

Newly Enlightened
I like the Boker Subcom. Use it as my moneyclip. I also like the Buck Sirus assisted opening ,nice little edc knife

Dirty Bob

Newly Enlightened
For a nice little money clip, the Gerber EAB -- which uses utility knife blades -- might work. The clip looks like it was meant to be used as a money clip. Under $10 at Wal-Mart. :)

Regards,
Dirty Bob

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I like small knives, as Boston has a 2 1/2 max blade limit. So, I have some awesome little knives.

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
I have a Gerber LST 200 model (not manufactured anymore~~if it is let me know I want more) It has a blade of less than 1 1/2 inches and a total length of less than 3 1/2 inches

DSC00520.jpg

Last edited: