Has Maglite changed sometimes in the flashlight specs?

claustro

Newly Enlightened
On official site it seems reported that 3C and 3D cell share the same barrel diameter of 31,75mm. I can't understand how it would be possible?

Also which is the differences between the flashlight with D/C and without D/C in the serial number?

Thank you
Andrea

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
On official site it seems reported that 3C and 3D cell share the same barrel diameter of 31,75mm. I can't understand how it would be possible?

Also which is the differences between the flashlight with D/C and without D/C in the serial number?

Thank you
Andrea
Their C-Cell specs are on another page >> LINK

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
It is probably just a mistake made by someone filling out the spec sheet.:oops:
D-cell batteries would never fit into a C-cell sized space!

kromeke

Enlightened
I'm going on memory here, but the dimensions of the flashlight changed when they dropped the D/C in the serial numbers.

I think that the tube diameter changed. The old tubes (D/C) had a thicker wall thickness.

I'm speculating now, but I'm guessing that Mag started getting their tubing custom made for them sized such that they require little machining to get them to their final shape. I believe that the made the wall thickness thinner to save aluminum.

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going on memory here, but the dimensions of the flashlight changed when they dropped the D/C in the serial numbers.

I think that the tube diameter changed. The old tubes (D/C) had a thicker wall thickness.

I'm speculating now, but I'm guessing that Mag started getting there tubing custom made for them sized such that they require little machining to get them to their final shape. I believe that the made the wall thickness thinner to save aluminum.

The new ones have the letter first.