Surefire C3,6P

Bigfooted Nick

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I own a Surefire C3 Centurion and 6P, the other night I was comparing the beams and noticed that the eventhough the 6p has less Lumens it has a more concetrated area of light, The C3's is more spread sort of aquardly.

Not a big deal I was just curious, Also the C3's beam seems to be more Yellow than the 6P's? And no the 6P isn't LED. I switch the lamps like a dumb arse and I burnt the 6p's out So I've got to get a new one for that. I am not sure if this has anything to do with their differences but I switched the bezels back and forth a few times.
TIA
-Nick

cfromc

Enlightened
Did the C3 have new batteries? If so, the beam should not be yellow. Also, the reflectors and heads are the same, it is just the bulbs that are different. The beams should be similar although the P90 should throw a little more than the P60 due to the additional lumens (105 v 65)

Bigfooted Nick

Newly Enlightened
Yeah the Batt were new from Surefire, they came with the light, I've got some other Batt for it I'll try them in a sec, What should I do? I don't think the C3 was throwing as far that's why I switched the lamps and... well you know...

Bigfooted Nick

Newly Enlightened
I just looked at it again, and It's does not apear to be Yellow really, Just compared to the 6P it was.

Bigfooted Nick

Newly Enlightened
It apears yellow while the light is turned on, But the 6P does not, I've took some pics so I'll post em if I figure out how.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
C3 3 cell light, so can only use the P90/P91.
6P 2 cell light, so can only use the P60/P61.

Both lights use different reflectors and bulbs and different battery configuration so no point comparing them. Being Incans they are a bit yellowish in output compared to LEDs, but incans give better color rendition in real world usage..