How is Optronics?

a4d

Enlightened
I was looking at possibly getting this 2 million CP spot light at bass pro shops. I have gift cards to there and it says it's weather proof ("says") I like the fact that it comes with tje two different color lenses. Mainly i guess this would be used for fishing, and other random bullsnot. It would be staying in my truck also.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_-1_10001_49138?cmCat=CROSSSELL&cmid=PP_P0_2

Patriot

Flashaholic
One of my hunting friends got one of those from Cabelas. It seems to be decent quality. I use incandescent spotlights myself for spotlighting game while scouting. I like them because you're able to turn them on and off as much as you need to. One thing that I notice about the rechargeable spots is that they get really heavy after hanging that them out the window for extended periods of time. I prefer the non-rechargeable ones for dedicated spotlighting from the vehicle because they're 12v only, no heavy lead acid battery. Some of the rechargeable lights have removable batteries which is really nice. When that battery is removed there is nothing left but a hollow plastic shell with a couple wires, reflector and bulb. Some of the "2 million" CP Vector has a removable battery I believe, or at least the old one did.

Depending on how long you spend using your spotlight the weight may or may not be a factor for you. I can't remember if the battery is removable in the Optronics or not.

If the light isn't weatherproof enough for you, virtually any of those inexpensive lights can be made fairly water resistance with some small modifications and clear silicone.

What will you be using your light for?

a4d

Enlightened
Mainly for fishing when down at the bay (saltwater) and for fun. It's gonna stay in my truck. I also have a 10 million CP light that stays in my truck as well as a few other. Like i said before mainly for fishing and fun.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Even if it only lasts a couple of years I don't think you can beat the price.

a4d

Enlightened
Thats what i figured. I think i may end up getting a headlamp though just so i can use both hands when needed. Thanks for the help though Patriot36.