Newly Enlightened
200 lumens for $60!
Here is what you do:
Surefire G2 $30
Surefire AN14 $6
Surefire B65 $4
Surefire P91 $20
Surefire G2Z bezel (optional)

Swap out the bezels. Pyrex is better insurance against the added heat, but not totally necessary I suppose. Put in your P91. Add the extender to your G2 body. Drop in 3 123 batteries. Saw of the appropriate amount of B65 to make a custom spacer. Put on Tail cap. Enjoy 200 lumens of power!

G3.jpg

G3a.jpg

AlphaTea

Enlightened
How much of the battery spacer did you have to cut off? I have all of the parts, but I didnt want to cut up the battery "spacer" without knowing EXACTLY how much to remove /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Unabomber

Newly Enlightened
I guessed the amount. I removed the tail cap, then holding the flashlight bulb side down, I looked into the body portion. It appeared to me that there was a gap of about 1/4 inch or so between the bottom (-) of the battery and end/edge of the body tube. I then put on the extension. I put in battery #3 and the battery spacer. I marked the battery spacer at the end/edge of the extension. I then cut 1/4" below this. I wanted to be fairly accurate and if any errors occured, I wanted to be on the too long side that way I could re-cut if needed.

My official measurement is 7/8" long including the positive "tit", which I left on. On the cut end, I re-wrapped it with the waste piece's wrapper so it was electrically isolated in the tube. I cut/taped on the blue shrink wrapped portion. Not exactly pretty, but works.

Thanks for the words of praise! My thanks to several encouraging posters in the general flashlight forum and the folks in Surefire Technical Support for telling me this couldn't be done! Surefire Technical Support has been

owned3.jpg

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I tried this using just the A19 extension (perfect size, no cutting needed) but due to the Nitrolon body the A19's bare metal ring area did not make proper electrical contact -- any ideas on adjusting that part itself?

Unabomber

Newly Enlightened
I happened to get my stuff at www.sableco.net. You should be able to order all this stuff through any Surefire rep, but depending on their stock, expect some lead time. Prices are approximate from what I recall and from going to Sableco's website. Their prices are off by a buck or two per item on their website. As usual, your mileage may vary......but in any event, this method gets you 200 quality Surefire lumens for way less than the cost of the C3, D3, etc.

MR Bulk,

sf1.jpg

This pic was sent to me an unkown CPFer when I first started asking about a 200 lumen Surefire. He somehow got this arrangement to work, so it is possible. How....I really don't know. I just preferred the all Nitrolon combination.

ab

Enlightened
Great setup! This and a standard G2 would make a nice pair for the glovebox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

A 9P is only $61 nowadays (at islandsecurity for example) so it's pretty close in price. Of course you need to have the P91 on hand - or buy it, which puts the price up. ...and you don't get the cool 9V Surefire Nitrolon mod niftyness!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A.

Rifter

Enlightened
MR Bulk

My GF has a G2 with a A19, i had to put a piece of wire into the A19 on the inside at the and of the threads where the A19 would make electrical contact with the body of the light, works fine now.

Edit: I think i needed to do this because the G2 threads were not long enough for the A19 to contact the metal on the G2. Hope this helps.

Larry1582

Enlightened
I emailed Surefire, but I evidently did not get through before the weekend. How much was your G2Z bezel?

SAK

Newly Enlightened
I bought my G2Z bezel from Surefire in mid February and it was $14.72(US).
Part numbers: <ul type="square"> [*]G2Z Bezel in Olive Drab = 14401-11 [*]G2Z Bezel in Black = 14401-1 [/list]
--SAK

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should start a sticky thread that is just for SureFire part numbers. This would be perfect for the SureFire forum that we aren't allowed to have...

Mark