Will this work?

marc123

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

After a fair bit a searching the forums I think this set up might be ok, but as you all know a little knowlegde can be a dangerous thing, so I thought I would run it past the experts first before I put down the money....

1 x Dereelight 2SM pill in a Surefire 6p running on AW's R123's.

Is this all compatable? From what I understand (which is not a whole lot) it should make for a pretty good light.

Can you help?

Cheers.

magic_elf

Banned
I dont think it will, the 2SM module is rated at 6V max.
2x AW R123 will be at least 7.4V (2x 3.7V), and even higher fresh off the charger.

Also, that module is specifically designed for the Dereelight products where u loosen/tighten the bezel to switch between low/high modes.
So u will only get it working as a single mode with it installed in a 6P.

Last edited:

chas9rr

Newly Enlightened
The 2SM will work just fine on AW's rcr123's, I know because I am running that setup right now in my dereelight. The problem is like magic elf said, that paticular pill is switched mecanicaly by tightening the head onto the body of the Dereelight. If you put it into a 6p, I am told you would only have low. Your best bet is either the 1SM pill or any of the "D" digital pills that you like. Check this link for all the info on the different pills. http://www.dereelight.com/module-list.htm

Later
Charles

marc123

Newly Enlightened
Yeah thanks guys, I did not add the voltage up, you are right it will only work on low.

I really am after a decent quality host (not ultrafire or similar) for a 18650 with the 2SM pill. Any ideas?