Minimag Drop-in... I don't understand?

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Please take a look at the pics below- These are re-hosted by me, but are the same pics you will see here.

The part that confuses me is that in one pic it sure does look like a Cree based (TerralUX TLE-5EX MiniStar2 EXTREME) drop-in, but the other and ALL others I seem to find look like an SSC. I just don't want to order the wrong one. I'm a noob so clarification would be superb. While I'm here if anyone has one of these then any comments would be great.

Regards :popcorn:

tle-5ex_cree-full;init:.jpg

tle-5ex2-full;init:.jpg

Thanks for looking. ;)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Terralux has made them with the older K2, then Seoul P4, the Cree XR-E, and I think they are now switching back to the K2(The new one of course, still not SSC or Cree performance though).

Pitto

Newly Enlightened
not sure on the difference, but mine arrived today. cant wait to give it a blast and compare it to my nite ize 1watt led i currently have.

Pitto

Newly Enlightened
Can you post some beamshots when you get a chance?

And, how does the picture above differ from this one from Lighthound?
https://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2560

that looks to be the K2 led version, i got the cree p4 version. i think the K2 is the latest version.

the cree is very "blueish" compared to the Niteize dropin, but is brightter, but for the money, i feel the niteize is value for money.

i have not done any backyard night testing yet, so i will post up my opinion once i have had a further play.