Help! Battery stuck in SF L2

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
I recently had my L2 widened to fit AW's 17670. Unfortunately it was not widened enough because now the battery is stuck and I cannot remove it. :( Any ideas? I have picked at it with a very slim screw driver and now the rear metal battery backing wants to come off. Is this safe? Need advice. Thanks!

(P.S. If there is a better place to post this let me know...)

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
If it is the same basic body as the E2E, then maybe take a pencil and put the eraser on the battery and push it out, or tap it gently.

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
Can only access battery from one side, electronics are on the other end of the body similar to the SF A2. See the pickle I'm in...

jugg2

Enlightened
Access from only one side... Wow thats going to be tough. I have no idea honestly. Do not take this as a sugestion, but the only way I could see getting it out would be drill a small hole, and put a screw in it, then pull it out. But that would be insane to try with a Li-Ion. Maybe somebody else will have an idea.

Nevermore

Newly Enlightened
Take something like a pencil with a flat eraser end or a thin bit of dowel with a flat end, put some superglue on it and glue it to the battery. Then pull it out.

Bolek

Enlightened
glu or attach, to the batterie with an adhesive tape, a cable and pul !
Goopd look

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
Take something like a pencil with a flat eraser end or a thin bit of dowel with a flat end, put some superglue on it and glue it to the battery. Then pull it out.

Good idea Nevermore and Bolek! I'm off to get some superglue...stay tuned! Thanks!:wave:

Tuna

Newly Enlightened
Well I attached the superglue to the pencil eraser. The battery backing came off but it was still partially connected to the rest of the battery so I was able to pull the battery out of the L2 body. I lost a battery but gained an L2. :bow:Thank you Nevermore and Bolek for rescuing my near dead L2!

You two will forever be my L2 heros!:twothumbs

Nevermore

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad it worked, enjoy your L2!

...and get it widened properly before you try that again. :thumbsup:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear you got the battery out.

Does anyone know whether a C2 will take a 17670 without boring it out? I just got a C2 and was assuming I could use a 17670 inside....maybe I am wrong?