Drop-in Reflectors for Novatac 120p

kevin812367

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the McGizmo's McR-20 reflector will fit in the Novatac with out modification. Also is there any other reflectors that fit in the Novatac.

Thanks for any help

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a direct drop-in, but I tried a McR20-S and it works. It is about 1mm longer than the Novatac reflector, so that amount would have to be removed, off of the big end I would think. It doesn't center very well, you'd have to play with it. The McR20 is longer yet. You would have to first take off .030" off the small end so the Seoul can get up into the reflector more for proper focus, then take material off the big end for fit. Lotta work to change the beam a little.
As far as throw goes, I can only say what the hotspots looked like. The McR20-S and the Novatac were about the same, with the Novatac's being a little brighter. The McR20 had the brightest hotspot.
All three Seouls I tested with were WO tint and in adjustable output lights, so the beams were about the same brightness.

kevin812367

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm getting a tall bezel from RPM. I know it will have some effect on the spill compared to the original bezel. So i was looking in to a reflector with more spill. I guess i can't get more spill unless i bring the emitter closer the to front of the flashlight.

Latest posts