• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Titanium Mc.Bulk 27 Pila168

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Here I sell the result of taking a McLuxIII XR27-C Titanium, an aluminium LionCub, a rod of Titanium Grade II and a lot of time:

mcbulksale.jpg

First I cut down the head of the XR27-C and made a little tube with LionCub threading to attach to the downturned head.
Then I downturned the control module of the LionCub and put a strong Titanium sleeve around it.
Finally I made a Titanium Pila 168 tube from the scratch to fit.
The electronic is also from the LionCub, the LED is a Seoul P4

I will for sure not make another of these as it was a terrible work and also very costy.
Just add the price of a XR27-C, a LionCub and the Titanium rod together, then you still miss all my hours of work...
But the result was worth it, the light is very smooth and probably the only one combining the great work of Mc.Gizmo and Mr.Bulk in one piece.
But the light is not only wonderful to look at, it is also very usable.
The beam of the MCR27 long combined with the variable brightness settings of the LionCub is a pretty good combination.

You can own this unique piece for $1299 shipped registered mail worldwide - insurance would be extra.

Jochen

Last edited:

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Re: Titanium Mc.Bulk 27 Pila168

Thanks for your comment!

If the buyer likes, I will offer for free making grooves into the tube.
Then it should look somewhat like this one :)

tipila150.jpg

Jochen

Ganp

Enlightened

:wow:Beautiful work - I LOVE the idea of the 27LT head and Lion Cub UI together.

Nice snag Donn. :twothumbs

Colin.

ArsMachina

Enlightened

Thanks again Donn !!!
I think from now I can all my lights directly to you without offering them here :)

This light is sold !

Jochen

donn_

Flashaholic
Ok you guys...Jochen has generously offered to 'decorate' this light with his lathe. We're thinking about hiding the seams with grooves, at least.

If you were designing the placement of grooves on this light, what would you do. Knurling and trit-slots are definitely out.

------------------
Dad..I was Monopoly champion in Ohio State's Econ department for two straight years. :devil:

Ideas?

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice light :whistle:

:wow:Beautiful work - I LOVE the idea of the 27LT head and Lion Cub UI together.

Nice snag Donn. :twothumbs

Colin.

Why dont you make your own,after all you have the skills and if you want the Cub i sent you for testing.

It is yours ;)

Free of charge. :whistle:

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok you guys...Jochen has generously offered to 'decorate' this light with his lathe. We're thinking about hiding the seams with grooves, at least.

If you were designing the placement of grooves on this light, what would you do. Knurling and trit-slots are definitely out.

Ideas?

I would put Grooves all the way from the head to the bottom.
Even over the drops on the head.

:D

donn_

Flashaholic

As you'll no doubt note, I'm no artist. Here's a (very)rough sketch of mikehill's suggestion:

McBulk.jpg

Spacing and width of the grooves will have to be handled by the lathe-wright.

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hello Donn, that looks good to me.
Only the groove through the switch - here I am not sure if I like it...

What about the bottom of the light.
I made a sharp edge here but could also make it round or a phase with 45 degrees.

Give me your OK and I will spin up my lathe :)

Jochen

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Patience, Jochen! Don't fire up the mill yet. Let's think this out thoroughly before we start removing Titanium. I don't imagine it's very easy to put it back on after cutting off those hot twisty strands! Measure twice, cut once and all that. Eh?