Ion - relative size pics? Where to buy?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am for whatever reason having a hard time getting the relative size of the Ion through my head. So if someone can show it next to something a little more common, or in the hand, it would be nice.

Also, Fenix Store sells them and I'd like to buy from there, but they only seem to have them in black. There are cooler colors out there - any idea where I can pick one up that is NOT black?

I'll buy black if I have to I suppose (*grumble, grumble, snort*)!

Russianesq

Enlightened
does this help

Draco-002Large.jpg

Draco-027.jpg

Draco-011.jpg

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mike,

Here are a few pictures........I would post a "Want to buy" and specify an "original" (has a very floody Cree), or an "XRE Cree (more throw and brighter but still nice spill)
215908171-M.jpg
221854422-M.jpg

110457145-M.jpg
122000674-S.jpg

123584856-M.jpg

CR2 Ion on Right is original, Left XRE (LED's on picture above this!!)

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mike,

Here are a few pictures........I would post a "Want to buy" and specify an "original" (has a very floody Cree), or an "XRE Cree (more throw and brighter but still nice spill)

I will do that - thanks! Wow, that thing is SMALL! Just what I want!

DM51

Flashaholic
Oh I forgot - your other question was "where can I pick one up that is NOT black?"

Well, they are mostly gray, not black. You find them all over the place in Africa. I don't know about picking one up though - a bit heavy at ~6 tons fully grown lol.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I forgot - your other question was "where can I pick one up that is NOT black?"

Well, they are mostly gray, not black. You find them all over the place in Africa. I don't know about picking one up though - a bit heavy at ~6 tons fully grown lol.

What would we do without moderators always pitching in and helping out :)

I'll pass - three back surgeries is enough!

IcantC

Enlightened
I am for whatever reason having a hard time getting the relative size of the Ion through my head. So if someone can show it next to something a little more common, or in the hand, it would be nice.

Also, Fenix Store sells them and I'd like to buy from there, but they only seem to have them in black. There are cooler colors out there - any idea where I can pick one up that is NOT black?

I'll buy black if I have to I suppose (*grumble, grumble, snort*)!

They also have natural :)
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=85

Also, I found this

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122386

IMG_4901.JPG

Wow makes me want one!

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a natural in perfect condition and it does NOT have any of the flicker issues that some of the Ions have. It's always difficult to get an idea of the size of lights regardless of how many pics you see of it and even next to known lights until you get one in hand. They always seem to look bigger in pics. I'll PM you about the one I have as I promised I would sell it.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it true that Ions, sometimes, give some problems, or break easily ?

NO, I have (2) Ti (original and XRE) and have had another Burgundy
(orig).......

There were some issues of flickering with specific batteries, initially and i believe that some switching and or flickering issues that are fixed with cleaning threads, lubing and or adjusting snap ring on "light engine", I surely wouldn't say "break easily".........I and most others that have seem very satisfied. The new Nautilus is exceptional (from Endeavour, as well).

If there is a problem, Endeavour will certainly take care of it. (in my opinion and experience).

jeffb

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike: I've got a handful left in Natural here that are brand new, if that suits your fancy.

Illum_the_nation: How did my picture end up on imageshack? :thinking:

-Enrique

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO, I have (2) Ti (original and XRE) and have had another Burgundy
(orig).......

There were some issues of flickering with specific batteries, initially and i believe that some switching and or flickering issues that are fixed with cleaning threads, lubing and or adjusting snap ring on "light engine", I surely wouldn't say "break easily".........I and most others that have seem very satisfied. The new Nautilus is exceptional (from Endeavour, as well).

If there is a problem, Endeavour will certainly take care of it. (in my opinion and experience).

jeffb

Where can I find this Nautilus? Do you have a link?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup: