Arc LSH-ST

Tyler2006

Newly Enlightened
Ok I just got this light and would like to mod it with a Rebel 100 and be able to run two 14500's and one RCR2. What driver would i need?:thinking:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I just got this light and would like to mod it with a Rebel 100 and be able to run two 14500's and one RCR2. What driver would i need?:thinking:

Have you actually opened up the Arc LS? The driver board is on a paper thin PCB, and mounted to the heatsink. The LED makes contact with the heatsink through a hole in the center of the PCB. You are going to have a very hard time finding an aftermarket PCB for this light.

It sounds like what you need is a custom heatsink and a DownBoy regulator board. That would probably be a custom job, but I could be wrong. I have not seen that offering before, and I usually take note of such things.

Working with what you have, it sounds like your best bet would be to replace the stock Luxeon LED with a Seoul LED and a Khatod 17mm reflector. It is a direct swap, no shim needed. While you are at it, add an anti-reflective lens. :thumbsup:

Sorry...I do not know about the battery choice.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Doing an emitter swap using the stock driver isn't too difficult. However, once you decide to use another driver, the mod quickly increases in difficulty. There are a number of drivers available from the Shoppe (http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/). Milky has also done some very nice LS mods. If you search in the "Homemade and Modified lights" forum, you should find several threads with pics and all.

I've dropped a FLuPIC in LS's already. It's nice to extend the LS's functionality from a single level to several levels. goldserve no longer sells them, but you could always post a WTB thread. He had an LS-sized board that makes things easier.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1341098

- Chris

Last edited: