I should have never seen or touched a KL4...

Beastmaster

Enlightened
It had to happen. I had to build up a TW4.

So I did. I worked some stuff out with DeFabricata, and got a KL4 head.

Wow. I've been building up some final gen KL1's with various E-Series bodies. I gave one to my brother (VG FB1/KL1) as an EDC gift.

Then I put a KL4 onto a VG FB1 body.

Double wow.

I compared the wall of light to my Malkoff M60's wall of light.

Damn.

Now, I'm stuck. Do I want the longer battery lifespan and slightly longer throw of the final generation KL1, or do I want the abso-freakin'-lutely beautiful floodiness of the KL4?

What would YOU do?

SureFire Lego'ing is a bad habit.

-Steve

BigD64

Enlightened
Bahhahahahah now they have you right where they want you .......in the wallet.:p

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do dicide to sell the KL4, I'll buy it back!
I really liked that one!

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a bad habit. So bad that I am thinking of selling everything that I have :mecry: (save for a Dereelight R2 Lego :thumbsup: ) and picking up a PH30, or PH40 :duh2: ...

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, I'm getting a black HA KL4 too. That will be the one I'm going to match with either a VG FB1 or a Aleph/SS 1x123 and do that as a solo EDC instead of carrying two 1x123 lights. I will carry an extra 16340 or R123 with me.

I'm probably going to mate it with the Aleph. The two stage switch is very useful. And as an EDC light, I could care less about exterior case color rendition.

Either way, the next KL4 gets here Friday/Saturday. I might even stop by one of my local dealers and see which one looks best beam and Vf wise. All of them are selling them at 5 bucks below list....

-Steve