Best AAA LED in several categories?

outofgum

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a multilevel AAA led light. I was interested in getting a fenix lod rebel, but was disappointed when they came out with a rebel 80 instead of a 100. I understand that several lights have come out using the rebel 100, but I'm not sure if they are still the best emitters.

Does anyone know what is the best/brightest aaa led at any price, and what is the best budget aaa led under $40?

Thanks!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I"m not sure which is brightest off the top of my head. My personal recommendation to a flashaholic is the LiteFlux2.
It just so happens that for a lot more money you can get something very similar to a LF2 but with a rebel LED... at least there might be one still available here.

Check the reviews for the Tiablo A1 and the Lumapower Avenger for other AAA lights. And as usual the most trusted AAA light you can get is probably the Arc.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yes, please do search. Try "best" and "AAA" in titles only in the search page.

Also, I recommend the LOD with a Cree Q4. comes in red, black, and olive.

Krit

Enlightened
I use liteflux2 and I like it very much. It's not PWM circuit and I use only 15 and 50% brightness only for my EDC use. The 2 stages twist is very simple for use. But it have a little bit relay time in each stage.

mattblick

Newly Enlightened
+1 LiteFlux LF2. Awesome light!

I really like the AAA cell format lights (I now own 5 different ones) and the LF2 is the best of them IMO.

I would recommend against the LP Avenger - read the thread in Mfr Corner to see all the problems I and others are having. I have been eyeballing the Tiablo AAA light, but am waiting to read more reviews.

The KD AAA buckle light is probably the brightest right now if you are not going to use lithium batteries. The $15 price tag is hard to beat. The Arc AAA and Peak Matterhorn have near legendary durability. But all of those are single mode..

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
I recently got the L0D RB80 natural, I love it :) Nice tint combined with a really good beam. This is my new favorite :D

I haven't seen the tint on the Q4, but I prefer the RB80 and RB100 compared with Q5.

L0D_orange.jpg