Just received my Malkoff drop ins today...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I gave Gene Malkoff a call a week ago asking when he would have more of the Surefire and Mag 3D drop ins. I lucked out and was told that he had a couple he had just finished making that he was going to post for sale. Well I was lucky enough to snatch up one of each.

To my surprise, the Malkoff pair arrived today after traveling some 2035 miles. First off, I must say that I am extremely happy with the build and quality of these drop in, they are superb. Secondly, they are very very bright. I will have to wait til evening to see just how much they light up, but for now, the basement will work just fine while I play around with them.

After having compared my Surefire G2 with the Malkoff drop in to my Fenix T1 (received in the mail yesterday), I find that the T1 has a slightly brighter hotspot from a distance of approximately 24-25 feet. The Malkoff M60 on the other hand is much, much smoother. The M60's transition from hotspot to flood is nearly spotless and lights up a greater area far more evenily that the T1 does.

The Mag 3D drop in, lights up everything. No other way to describe it. I am shining it across the basement again at about 24-25 feet and it lights up everything. I like it! :grin2:

I am very very pleased with my newly acquired toys. Now I am just waiting for mt Dereelight to arrive and I should be done playing for awhile. Have a great day all!

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Well that makes 2 of us that love it and then there are 2 that don't (the wife and the pocket book).

Thats the problem with this newly found hobby. I am an avide Dive watch collector and love my dive watches a great deal. The catch with collecting divers is the price of a good high quality diver with a top notch movement, Saphire AR coated crystal, smooth bezel, screw down crown and so on is the price. I think nothing of dropping money on a new diver, but have been told that it has to stop:mecry:

So I took up the flashlights with the excuse being I need a few good ones for work (Corrections Officer). Problem here is that I can purchase many lights for the price of 1 diver. Life is 1 money market after another :twothumbs