Will there be a Cree/SSC L4 from SureFire?

magic_elf

Banned
Any idea if SureFire will be manufacturing an "improved performance" version of the L4 as they have with the L1 and E1L?

Not mods.

shroomy

Newly Enlightened
Not yet, I'm guessing we won't hear anything about Surefire's plans until the shot show in three weeks. Personally I'm hoping the L4 won't be updated for another 6 months or so............. But that's because I just bought one and I'd like to get some use from it before an upgrade comes out. :ohgeez:

Edit: Oops, I read the question as "has anyone heard anything about....." In regards to the actual question. Probably. I think they're currently working on an improved L5 so I'd imagine an updated L2, L4 (and maybe even an L7) will follow relatively shortly after. We'll know for sure soon enough.

Last edited:

magic_elf

Banned
Interesting, how would one compare the beam of an L4 vs an L5/L7?
Similar flood type beam?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. The deeper and wider reflectors on the L5 and L7 make them more throwy than the L4. The L4 is a really impressive flood light, and while I'm excited to see it upgraded, I hope it will retain it's current beam pattern.

magic_elf

Banned
Same here, the flood of the L4 is what really attracts me as well :)
I'm sure the increased output of these new emitters will help with room clearing, and not just for increased runtime. hehe..