Any news on Tigerlight Gen 3 lamp delivery dates?

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know when the Tigerlight generation 3 lamp estimated delivery date is? My generation 1 flood lamp was freaking out some of my neighbors a little. I had to switch back to the 8X.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generation 3?! What is that?

I know that generation 1 suffered from the "batwing" type spot, while the generation 2 was supposed to correct that. As of now, i don't even know if i have a generation 1 or 2. Now i'm hearing there is a Gen 3.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generation 3 is the new lamp Tigerlight has under development which is soon to be released. I saw a prototype at the shot show. It looks good.

Generation 2 was the lamp that had been shipping with Tigerlights for quite awhile (about a year). It has a tight beam, longer throw and no batwings.

Generation 1 was more of a flood style lamp. It had the batwings and some rings.

iirc.. Gen 1 was produced on request for certain LE agencies doing tactical entry duty who needed more of a flood style beam to illuminate the entire area. I have this one (not exactly by choice) in my brand new tigerlights and am looking forward to the Gen 3 with a tighter beam and no batwings.

There were a number of threads with more info. Here's a good one.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=38048&Forum=All_Forums&Words=tigerlight&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=5&Limit=100&Old=3months&Main=38048&Search=true#Post38048

Ben H

Enlightened
Shoot an email to Tigerlight. They responded to my emails within a day!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Stingray,

I just contacted TigerLight last week and they said they would put me on the list. I have no indication how long that list is, or when delivery is expected. I am just on the list.

Tom

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I e-mailed Michael today, the "scheduled" delivery for the Gen 3 lamps is about 5 to 7 weeks. Tigerlight is very quick to respond to customer inquiries.

Steve