Torch for a friend

nbp

Flashaholic
I volunteered to help a friend find a new torch, figuring I could certainly find him a better one than he would himself be able to find (with the help of CPF of course). He is an avid hunter/fisherman, and wants a new outdoors light. He is currently using a minimag style light, and wants something brighter. He needs a light that is small, and can go in a pocket or pack easily, is bright (I'd guess 30-45 lumens would be adequate), durable/water-resistant, and can be fitted with a red diffuser for use hunting nitecrawlers. He doesn't really care what type of batteries it takes, but wants bright light and good run-time. And he would like it for about $30 (reality is, many lights get lost or dropped in lakes and he doesn't want to lose much.) Any thoughts? Thanks.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Maybe a lanyard first to make the chances of loosing the light smaller.

Pelican would be good, namely the Propoly Luxeon.

Do you think a well reviewed DX light would work?

fishx65

Enlightened
I think he would be thrilled with a yellow 4aa Lux Propoly and the 1 aa rayovac Sportsman Extreme headlamp. It's easy to make a red filter for the Propoly and the Rayovac comes with a red led. Gotta go with a headlamp for those activities!

I've heard that the new EOS headlamp comes with filters!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Bright Yellow light, and attach one of them floaty key fobs on it..

Crenshaw