My New Cut Down Copper Mag D

sed6

Enlightened
I asked Ledean create this beauty for me after seeing a similiar one offered by him in B/S/T. Click any image to see it larger.

Here are the specs:
Copper Mag D cut for 1C-Lithium size.
Tailcap modified and the spring shortened and recessed inside the tailcap.
Anodized heat sink.
Cree Q5 emitter with orange glow powder around it.
Direct Drive, not Flupic.
Ultra Clear Lens.
PVC housing to center the C-Lithiums.

I removed the UCL and added one with LDF on it. It had a very nice beam with a super tight hot spot. The LDF just gives it a super floody beam with a nice hot center. The orange glow powder is too cool! Only downside is it only glows for about 1 minute, which he warned me would be the case. This is fine since glow powder for me is all about the wow factor from friends. This is my most prized light to date, more so than my Drake. Course this won't ever save my hide as I'll never EDC it. Strictly a shelf queen, my only shelf queen! He's finishing up an aspheric for me which I can't wait to get my hands on. His work, as expected, was top notch.

ETA: My comment above isn't fair to my Drake. I wear my Drake around my neck 24/7, except for showers. I use it almost daily and show it off to people almost as frequently.

Last edited:

Albinoni

Banned
Love it, and love that copper colour. So your now running her on 1xC battery. What is she like on 1xbattery compared to the two you use to use before. Also has this been specially painted or did it originally come in that copper colour.

Well done !!!

Marduke

Flashaholic
Love it, and love that copper colour. So your now running her on 1xC battery. What is she like on 1xbattery compared to the two you use to use before. Also has this been specially painted or did it originally come in that copper colour.

Well done !!!

Please read the description. It's now using 1xC Li-Ion, which is 3x the voltage of a regular cell.

sed6

Enlightened
Albi- I didn't own the light prior to it's modificaiton, Ledean found the light for me. The copper color is anodized, just like any other Maglite you'll find anywhere. I like the copper color, and even more so because it is one of the more difficult colors to find. It uses a C size lithium battery which puts out about 3.7v. A stock 2D Maglite on alkaline batteries would put out about 3.0v. 2D cells would give more runtime but the 1C allows for a much smaller size.

F22- The LDF came from...flashlightlens.com of course! They are great to work with.

Templar-Big for a cree, small for a D Maglite :)