Lumapower LM33 or Jetbeam JETBEAM JET-I MKII X v1.2 Premium Cree Edition

Albinoni

Banned
Out of these two is there realy much of a difference and if you had a pick which would be your personal choice. The Luma seems to offer very good batt life while the Jet offers slightly better Lumens. The LM33 does use a CR123A battery where as the Jet uses 1xAA, though I'm not fussy over battery so both here will have their pluses and minuses. In Australia CR123A batts seem to be overpriced. Also the Luma has a pure white Seoul LED but not sure about Jetbeams Creed. The Jetbeam uses a Saphire Crystal lens not sure about the Lumapower.

At the end of the day these are both very nice torches but preference for me will come down to only one.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own and love a LM33. I had the lux JB MK II, but never the Cree.

The LM33 has a beautiful bright, smooth floody beam. Runs great on RCR123As (brighter) or CR123As. Simple 2-stage UI. Very nice light for a modest price.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to remind you that in addition to LM33 Lumapower also has LM31 that uses one AA battery. The body is a bit longer and the output is of course reduced but the beam has the same good features: white, clean and floody.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the light doesn't run well on 3.7v rechargeables you can get 3.0v rechargeable batteries from either BatteryJunction or AW. That can take some of the sting away from the cost of 123s.

Albinoni

Banned
I would like to remind you that in addition to LM33 Lumapower also has LM31 that uses one AA battery. The body is a bit longer and the output is of course reduced but the beam has the same good features: white, clean and floody.

Can the LM31 actually do a body conversion where you can use a CR123A battery in it, I'm sure I read on its website where you can. Also the LM33 seems a slight shorter in height.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Can the LM31 actually do a body conversion where you can use a CR123A battery in it, I'm sure I read on its website where you can. Also the LM33 seems a slight shorter in height.

The LM33 is shorter and fater, the LM 31 is taller and skinnier. The body piece is not interchangable.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Albinoni,
I can see from a number of the threads you have created that you are very intent on getting a small light with some lego abilities, and uses the latest emitter. You would be more than happy with something like the Fenix Power Pack. You'll get everything you're looking for, and there will be a few less this vs. that threads every week. It's only $67.16 shipped. With how low the US dollar has gotten, that's a steal for the rest of the world.

Just a thought....

Albinoni

Banned
Albinoni,
I can see from a number of the threads you have created that you are very intent on getting a small light with some lego abilities, and uses the latest emitter. You would be more than happy with something like the Fenix Power Pack. You'll get everything you're looking for, and there will be a few less this vs. that threads every week. It's only $67.16 shipped. With how low the US dollar has gotten, that's a steal for the rest of the world.

Just a thought....

Thank you for that and yes I do understand what your saying here, but getting a conversion torch is not a Must for me as I've already got one that does a brilliant job. In terms of torches, the Fenixes are very nice but personally I think the are torches out there (for the same size) that do the job just as good as a Fenix but at a slightly less price such as the Lumapower in which I'be had very good feedback from and also the MTE C70101 and may I also include the Jetbeam.

Albinoni

Banned
I own and love a LM33. I had the lux JB MK II, but never the Cree.

The LM33 has a beautiful bright, smooth floody beam. Runs great on RCR123As (brighter) or CR123As. Simple 2-stage UI. Very nice light for a modest price.

When you say RCR123A basically you mean a rechargeable CR123A and also I would presume the RCR123A is a LiIon battery where as your normal CR123A is a non rechargeable battery; i.e just Lithium. Basically I dont think there is such thing as a rechargeable CR123A in correct terms. It is coded as RCR.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say RCR123A basically you mean a rechargeable CR123A and also I would presume the RCR123A is a LiIon battery where as your normal CR123A is a non rechargeable battery; i.e just Lithium. Basically I dont think there is such thing as a rechargeable CR123A in correct terms. It is coded as RCR.

Right. And, I use a 3.6v RCR123A in my LM33---works great.

Albinoni

Banned
Most torches that will accept a CR123A battery is it safe to also use a RCR123A battery in them, i.e rechargeable CR123A type battery, without doing any damage. I've got an LED torch that will accept 1x CR123A type battery but not sure if its safe to use the rechargeable type.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Most torches that will accept a CR123A battery is it safe to also use a RCR123A battery in them, i.e rechargeable CR123A type battery, without doing any damage. I've got an LED torch that will accept 1x CR123A type battery but not sure if its safe to use the rechargeable type.

It depends on the specific light in question.

Marduke

Flashaholic
As far as I know it uses a 3W Cree P4 LED.

Like I said, the depends on the LIGHT, not the EMITTER

More specifically, it depends on the circuitry in the light.

A whole lot of lights use the Cree P4. Some of them would go :poof: with a jump to RCR123's, and some of them would easily take twice that voltage with no issue.

Albinoni

Banned
Like I said, the depends on the LIGHT, not the EMITTER

More specifically, it depends on the circuitry in the light.

A whole lot of lights use the Cree P4. Some of them would go :poof: with a jump to RCR123's, and some of them would easily take twice that voltage with no issue.

Well I suppose it all comes down to trial and error.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well I suppose it all comes down to trial and error.

Not really. It depends on research and finding out what the driver is specified for. It's not that hard to find out the specified input voltage range.

You could start by, oh, maybe saying what light you're talking about.

Oh maybe even doing a........ search?? :eek: :aaa: