First Mag mod - sound good?

DINLONG

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I am new to the whole flashlight thing. I have already purchased a Fenix L1D CE Q5, an Inova X1, and a 2D Mag, and was looking for some input on my first Mag mod.

I was thinking:

2D LED Mag (already bought)
Terralux TLE-6EX
2D to 6AA adapter
50 x 35mm aspheric lens

I believe running the 6EX would not be a problem, as with 6 Eneloops I would be seeing 7.2v to the LED.

I was also looking to buy a glass lens to have as a backup option, can I use a replacement lens from a MagCharger??

I was also reading a couple of threads about a strike bezel for the Mags, but have been unable to find one anywhere? I am really just looking to find a way of protecting the aspheric lens when in use, is this even the best option?

Any thoughts or opinions would be most appreciated.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The window from the Magcharger should work.

A Cree LED might be better for this mod. And buying your own driver means that you could have a brighter light.

What you have now should work from what I know.

:welcome:

DINLONG

Newly Enlightened
Where can you find a 50mmx35mm aspheric in stock these days?

Unfortunately I didn't know that was going to be such a problem.

I have ordered everything else on the list, and have subscribed to the Kai thread over on the marketplace. After reading through most of that thread it seems I may be in for a bit of a wait. :mecry:

Oh well, my Fenix should be here today or tomorrow, and I just ordered an Ultrafire C3 with both bodies!

Like I really needed another addiction!