Inova T4 problem

mohavewolfpup

Newly Enlightened
I own some Inova t4's, the rechargable kind. these don't have the stainless steel rings at the front, just black all around.

i followed everything as best as I could on here about cleaning them throughly, and still get issues with the chargers blinking the leds blue.

have I overlooked anything? did I clean them improperly? taking the charger unit apart i'm wondering if the springs are too weak or something and contact is not fully being made between the circuit board and the pins that interface with the 2 brass screws on the flashlight. I did get a full charge out of it with no blinking ever, but twice so far they started blinking again during the charging cycle, then has done it twice so far in the same charging cycle.

the springs looked bent slightly when i pulled the cover off, could that possibly be a problem?

i tried searching for more info after joining as a member, but get errors about memory not being allocated for that operation.

BillD

Newly Enlightened
I have a T4 and it has the same problem. The charger will almost always go to a flashing blue halfway through the charge, and I will have to fiddle with the connection in order to get it to stop. Inova has a lifetime warranty, and they have told me they will replace the charger if necessary. I haven't sent mine in yet, since I am always able to get the light charged when I need to. I would call Inova customer service (they are excellent to deal with) and see if they will repair or replace your charger. Good luck.

mohavewolfpup

Newly Enlightened
I have a T4 and it has the same problem. The charger will almost always go to a flashing blue halfway through the charge, and I will have to fiddle with the connection in order to get it to stop. Inova has a lifetime warranty, and they have told me they will replace the charger if necessary. I haven't sent mine in yet, since I am always able to get the light charged when I need to. I would call Inova customer service (they are excellent to deal with) and see if they will repair or replace your charger. Good luck.

i emailed, phones drive me crazy. hopefully I got a response

drtrcr400

Newly Enlightened
Mine has done the same exact thing for months now and is finally dead. I sent the whole thing back so we'll see what happens. I just called customer service and got an RA number. Who knows maybe i'll get a new, brighter light out of the deal:grin2:. Other than that though its a great edc. I'm a mechanic and its one of my most used tools.

Confederate

Enlightened
Hmmm...I've never encountered the problem, but wonder if it might be the battery. Have you tried swapping it out with a 18650 rechargeable battery and seeing how that works? (The 18650s work fine in my T4s and recharge with no problem.) Try it and see if that changes anything.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got so frustrated with my T4 that I simply threw it away. No mods, no salvaging of parts ... just right into the trash. :(

Confederate

Enlightened
Remember, if you disassemble any of those Inova 123A lights, or the rechargeable models, that the plus (+) side of the battery normally points south, not towards the top of the flashlight, as with most other lights.

drtrcr400

Newly Enlightened
Well it took some time but i got my replacement early last week. It is the newer model 2007 I think. 125 lumen rating vs 100 on my old one. Beautiful beam on this one as well, no complaints about the old one however. I called and talked to customer service and asked what the problem with it was but they said they didn't have that info. Oh well i'm very happy!

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have had that problem with my older version just the other day it was blinking blue as i put it back on the charger & i fiddle with it for ten minutes. My 07 version not so much maybe because it has gold contacts since i sent it in to be replaced, but this years T4 version no problems