Wolf Eyes Thunder vs Firelion - opinion?

Gary123

Enlightened
I'm thinking about picking up a very high output led light. My two options at the moment are the Wolf Eyes Thunder or Elektrolumens' Firelion. These lights retail at around $200. I am open to other options. I saw a review of the DX tri led light, does anyone know where that review is, can't find it now.

I read the review on the Storm, but it didn't say anything about beam shape. Using Cree Q5's, I would think it leans more on the throw side. Wayne's Firelion uses SSC P4's so I would think it is more on the floody side. WE claims 700+ lumens, Wayne claims 580 lumens. Whatever I end up getting I would be happy to send it someone on CPF to compare to other commercial throwers or that 3 Cree light on DX/KD. I am really interested in beam shape on these, does anyone know? And does anyone have any specific comments on either of these lights based on actual use?

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gary, have you checked out http://www.illuminationforums.com/IlluminationForums/index.php yet? It's a general flashlight forum started by the owner of Elektrolumens, and it has a very comprehensive Elektrolumens subforum. I don't know much about the Wolf Eyes lights, but I'll tell you this, the FireLion is tiny. I'd estimate it's about an inch longer than a Fenix L1T. Also, I'm guessing the Wolf Eyes will throw more. I don't know that for a fact, but it would make sense because the FireLion is a floody light. There are beamshots of the FireLion on the site I linked you to.

Last edited: