NiteCore Defender Infinity how it should function video

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
I decided to make a short video to show how a properly functioning nitecore defender should work. There is no metal grinding noise while turning the head and should be easy enough to do with one hand as you'll see in the video. All i did was put some of this grease that are used to build metal gear differentials in r/c cars on the top part of the threads. Then lubed the o-ring the same way i do it with my r/c. Put a few drops of shock oil into a bag then drop the o-ring in so it gets a nice coat of oil. Everything works perfectly so far. Only thing like other people have said is that the color of the parts are different and the head and tail section are sharp and gets scratch easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t52rw0ItHUo

Last edited:

kilgor

Enlightened
Only thing like other people have said is that the color of the parts are different and the head and tail section are share and gets scratch easy.

Thanks for the video. :thumbsup:

I put some dielectric grease on my o rings and a little on the threads and mine has worked fine since new.

The anodize on mine if perfectly matched and I haven't seen anyone else complain of this.

I don't understand "the head and tail section are share."

Mine does not scratch easily. It rubs against my leatherman every time I remove it and insert it into my belt pouch. Other lights got scratched up easily (including an Olight T15). The Nitecore hasn't scratched yet.

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the video. :thumbsup:

I put some dielectric grease on my o rings and a little on the threads and mine has worked fine since new.

The anodize on mine if perfectly matched and I haven't seen anyone else complain of this.

I don't understand "the head and tail section are share."

Mine does not scratch easily. It rubs against my leatherman every time I remove it and insert it into my belt pouch. Other lights got scratched up easily (including an Olight T15). The Nitecore hasn't scratched yet.

wrong word i meant sharp :oops:

Darell

Flashaholic
After I lubed mine up, that's exactly how it worked for the first day too! Problem is, now I only have High, and sometimes strobe at random times. The uC just seems to be confused now. :( Been trying to get hold of TAD gear for quite some time now to get it fixed.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I had to wind up replacing my front oring with one from a Fenix P2D, it was binding or something and was just too hard to turn.

It's perfect now. I did do some pre-work on the light, like buffing down the bronze coating off the ends of the tubes, cleaning the threads, putting on Deoxit, etc..

Love the light. Not sure what to do with the lanyard, but.. :)

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
I had to wind up replacing my front oring with one from a Fenix P2D, it was binding or something and was just too hard to turn.

It's perfect now. I did do some pre-work on the light, like buffing down the bronze coating off the ends of the tubes, cleaning the threads, putting on Deoxit, etc..

Love the light. Not sure what to do with the lanyard, but.. :)

i think the bronze coating is some kind of anti corrosive coating.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I lubed mine up, that's exactly how it worked for the first day too! Problem is, now I only have High, and sometimes strobe at random times. The uC just seems to be confused now. :( Been trying to get hold of TAD gear for quite some time now to get it fixed.

Try to back the LE a bit out or in.
I had this problem with both mine and it seems that if its not in the proper position you will not break contact and engage low.

The UI is fine,its just a little tweak that is needed.':grin2:

It should not come like this though..
To little Threadlock on the LE..:shakehead

To unscrew use a flat screwdriver in one of the LE holes.And press gently in the direction you want.
As i said i did this with mine and put a tinly dap of threadlock in there when properly aligned to make contact bot in loe and tactical mode by unscrewing the head.

Benny