Several questions...

fubar

Newly Enlightened
Hullo!

Just a little advice please, currently doing research so was hoping you guys might be able to point me in the right direction please.

1. I'm a police officer in the UK and bought a fab Pelican 2390 M6 LED after it was recommended here for EDC as well as an LED conversion kit for the cheapy (and crap) AA Maglite I was given. All our police vehicles and stations have mag charger cradle built in (but the torches are normally buggered) so was looking for something with a little more ooooomph than my little Peli, would you guys recommend getting an LED conversion kit to use with the mag charger? I've seen some advertised but reviews on the web seem a little limited.

2. Ruddy CR123 batteries, cost a fortune and is one of the reasons I'd like a mag charger for times when I know that I'll be needing sustained battery time as opposed to unpredictable situations. Any where cheap going in the UK? Battery station supplied my needs previously however all the offer links that have been posted on here previously are down.

3. You guys got any ideas to pimp my 2390? :D I already have a fancy clear lens kit, I have just done my new year 'service' after a crazy few weeks at work and fancied something nice, will probably end up splurging on something daft instead...

Apologies for the length, the lack girth makes up for it. Thanks in advance.

Fubar

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For the 2390, I would do a Seoul mod. That should double the output without cutting into runtime. Take out the Luxeon III and solder in a Seoul P4 U-bin. The Seoul(along with the Cree XR-E P4-R2 bin, and the Luxeon Rebel 80 and 100 bin) are twice or more efficient then the Luxeon I, III, V, and K2s.

If you are looking for something with throw, I'd suggest the Dereelight DBS(It is larger then the 2390, but also throws 150+ meters, special R2 version).

There are probably many more lights you can look at.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pelican M6 2390 was considered a good light. If you're looking for more, a Fenix P3D Q5 has roughly twice the output for half the price. It can be run on rechargeable AW-brand RCR123A cells, which eliminates the operating cost issue: https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=358

The biggest downside is the somewhat slippery metal, but there are various solutions for that. It is a real powerhouse in a small package.

Another option, more in the M6 form factor is the Fenix T1. http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-t1.html