My Arc-AAA Premium DS

dilbert

Enlightened
After thinking about it for some time I finally broke down and purchased an ARC AAA premium DS. I nervously chose the USPS shipping option despite the warnings on the website. I ordered the light on a Monday morning and it arrived unharmed in my mail box on Wednesday, hooray for quick shipping! I requested a spare foam retainer and o-ring with the light and they sent me 3 of each :). The size is about right on with what I had imagined (about the diameter of an AA battery just a little longer), but the weight (or lack of weight - .75 oz) really surprised me. The brightness and tint of the LED is much better than I had anticipated as well. To get an idea for the runtime and test out the light a little I turned it on and set it on my desk and went about my day as usual. With the supplied Duracell battery it ran for just under 6 hours before it dimmed significantly as it fell out of regulation. My only complaint is that the reflector cone machined in the bezel is slightly off center, which leaves a thin side and a thick side to the bezel. The thin side concerns me that it may be weaker, but it's covered by the lifetime warranty if this ever becomes an issue. The new light will live on my "tool" key ring along with a Leatherman squirt P4, P38, and storm proof lighter. I want to find some sort of compact quick release method (maybe in titanium?) to hold these items in place, but for now I'm just using the small split rings to a central ring. It looks to be a great light and I'm quite pleased with my purchase.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to find some sort of compact quick release method

Here is one of the stainless clips from berkeleypoint that Paul mentioned:

b2.jpg

431.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
That one looks like a 35mm but I'm not sure. I've used the 35mm and 25mm. The 35mm is a little bit easier to operate (clip and unclip from a large split ring keychain) but I prefer the 25mm because of its smaller size and weight. I will probably get some ti ones sometime.