Propolymer 4AA Lux Div 1-2 questions.

MikeV

Newly Enlightened
On Streamlight's website they list that the Propolymer div 1 is also available in black, but I was looking under the product ratings and from what I understand the black is not approved for as many things as the yellow.

http://streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=104#tabs

Is this true or am I just reading it wrong?

Also I was searching the forums and found a thread where someone had a Div 1 that was not as bright as the Div 2.

Are the Div 1's not as bright as the Div 2's or was that a fluke?

And what is a good place to order a Propolymer?

The cheapest I can find them is www.streamlight-flashlights.com

Thanks for any info.
Michael.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
fox-international and www.brightguy.com are where I've always got mine. I don't know about differences between the Div. 1 and Div. 2, if any. It's such a great light for so many things, if there were differences, they would both be great lights. I'm sure it would have been widely reported and discussed news here on CPF if they had changed the emitter on this light.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights should perform exactly the same. Both the black and yellow lights are available in DIV 1 & DIV 2. The black version carries an additional certification for Japan. ATEX (European) available only in orange.

Keep in mind that these lights are the same. Certifying the light to a higher hazard rating costs more money for the manufacturer. If you do not need a hazard certified light in your use, do not pay for one.

In the case of incan lights, these higher certs generally require a device to cut battery voltage should the lamp shatter. Obviously not necessary in an LED.

Mark