Help! Newby can't get switch body out of Mag3D

K9-Handler

Newly Enlightened
VERY much a newby. Somebody sent me a link and I'm hooked.
So I have a number of old and new Mags in various configurations in my possession and thought I'd try a mod like Essexman posted as my first project.
Unscrewed everything front and back, but looking down into the hole past the stem where the bulb used to be I can see what looks like a large "C"-clip holding the switch body into the case.
I've been trying whatever pointy tool I own to try to get that clip out, but so far the Mag is winning. :sigh:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the stupid switch body out?

Hard to be this frustrated on my first project....

-K9-Handler, Connecticut

Scourie

Enlightened
Use small Allen key down the middle of the switch button to loosen the grub screw, then the switch pushes out towards the tailcap.

Rob

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
VERY much a newby. Somebody sent me a link and I'm hooked.
So I have a number of old and new Mags in various configurations in my possession and thought I'd try a mod like Essexman posted as my first project.
Unscrewed everything front and back, but looking down into the hole past the stem where the bulb used to be I can see what looks like a large "C"-clip holding the switch body into the case.
I've been trying whatever pointy tool I own to try to get that clip out, but so far the Mag is winning. :sigh:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the stupid switch body out?

Hard to be this frustrated on my first project....

-K9-Handler, Connecticut

:welcome: