Rant: My 1st missing package!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well...
Read about missing packages all the time by other members and now it has happened to me. :mecry:

Bought a G2L from a member just before Christmas and I bought it for USD50. Another $5 for shipping...:)

Had many transactions before this but all came through except for this particular deal. In fact I bought another light, L1 cree also from another CPFer just after Christmas but that got to me as usual. :)

Not blaming any parties but myself for wanting to save money on shipping and opted for the cheapest available which was the 1st Class Airmail. :mecry::mecry:
If it was insured I may claim some part of the funds but I took the risk and now I am short of $55 :mecry::mecry::mecry:
So, sometimes a bit extra do count and hope everyone else do not have to go through this sort of thing...
Have a nice day..

Illum

Flashaholic
d00d...that sucks
never never go for the cheapest when your shipping international...
I've had some goodies of my own lost somewhere between the borders of the pacific:ohgeez:

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once I had a package take 5 weeks to arrive in Canada. Don't give up hope.

cy

Flashaholic
nah... you did the correct thing going with odds. package could still make it in.... I've had packages take 6 weeks to canada :green:

paying $25 for insured delivery on a $50 item, makes no sense what so ever.

always ask to see USPS printed receipt showing mailing of package with weight to your country. Seller should have time stamped, proof of mailing. don't know about anyone else, but I always keep my USPS printed receipts in case I should need to prove that I actually mailed a package to buyers country.

I've shipped loads of USPS air mail over the world with zero problems.
only exception was to canada, which was having customs issues for the longest time. they were small items, which I replaced anyways.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpstat, I bought a light in the USA and it was shipped by International Airmail on December 12th: it arrived yesterday. IMHO it was simply swamped by XMas cards, calendars, you name it....

So not all is lost...

Also: Lumapower sent me some spares from HK; 1st shipment Dec 15 = delivered in ten days; 2nd shipment Dec 19 = not yet seen, but I'm sure it will arrive someday.

:awman:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpstat, I bought a light in the USA and it was shipped by International Airmail on December 12th: it arrived yesterday. IMHO it was simply swamped by XMas cards, calendars, you name it....

So not all is lost...

Also: Lumapower sent me some spares from HK; 1st shipment Dec 15 = delivered in ten days; 2nd shipment Dec 19 = not yet seen, but I'm sure it will arrive someday.

:awman:
Ahh...thats good to hear. Then there is still hope :twothumbs ......someone mentioned Canada Post, I do recall I bought a SF Z46 head shipped from canada and it took almost 5 weeks to arrive here.....when I checked the package, it took only 3 days to arrive, clear and delivered to me in Malaysia, to the rest of the time it was in Canada.......

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I recently sent a package of Glo-Rings to Russia that didn't make it. We waited longer than we should have for it to show up & then went ahead & sent out a replacement package that also didn't arrive!

Results: I'll not be shipping to Russia again!

cy

Flashaholic
yikes... not good for two missing packages in a row to Russia.

have shipped to lots of places but never there. one of my least favorite things to do is hand write addresses to UK. unfortunately insured mail requires filling express mail forms by hand. same for long custom forms that also needs filling in by hand.

UK addresses takes the cake for being looooong .... talk about fun.... hand writing a UK address in tiny space forms allow :green:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
UK addresses takes the cake for being looooong .... talk about fun.... hand writing a UK address in tiny space forms allow :green:

Fair point :eek: Such a long address for a comparatively small country :ohgeez:

Regards,
Tempest

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
First time I ever had a lost package was I ordered a box of bulbs not too long ago from Svetila.com in Slovenia, and after about 3 weeks I got the packing invoice paper in my mailbox that goes in the clear plastic outside label envelope. No stamps on the paper. No box. :candle:

To their credit, Svetila replaced it, and that one arrived just fine. At least 5 other orders all went great.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a processor on Nov 29 2007 thru ebay, it got lost at the post office, the only info I got was "Arrival at unit, no further information available", already did a claim with paypal, awaiting the resolution. Hope I get something back thru the "Buyer's protection" plan. Fingers crossed.

It sucks!

AlexGT

nexro

Enlightened
It's probably sitting somewhere in the post depot due to the holiday season (christmas and new year). Hopefully they'll get to it and have it delivered soon.

There's still hope... :)

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had this happen before, but it was domestic. I waited a month and it didn't come, so JSBurly was kind enough to re-send the item. I got it, and a month later the original package came.:candle:

The post office sucks.:sick::green:

Dudemar

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Don't lose hope! Haven't experienced it myself (yet), but my wife once ordered a small polystone statue from the US, it took 4 months (!!) to arrive.

My advice:
Forget about the package and just comfort yourself by buying yourself a new toy. Then after a while be pleasantly surprised by the packaged that shows up after a long delay :)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be comforting to know exactly where the package would be rather not knowing right? If it was with customs here, I would have gotten a call about getting it cleared. Oh well...there is always hope.

You guys rock! and thanks for all the kind words....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I mailed two flashlights to a fellow CPF'er modder in AZ, and they never got there. USPS Priority no insurance. A KL4 with a McGizmo 2 CR123 body with a McClicky tailcap, and a KL1, without body. A few dollars there! USPS said it was delivered. Delivered to one of those community mailbox setups. My modder is above reproach so I did not suspect him, and his neighborhood is good about dropping off misdelivered parcels to the correct neighbor. I did find out that that particular Post Office used contracted help to deliver mail, not USPS employees. My Post Office uses USPS employees who purchase their own jeeps to deliver mail, and have decent salaries and benefits. My Postmaster tells me that he takes miss delivered mail very seriously, even uninsured mail/parcels. Not so at that AZ Post Office.

Bill

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once i was expecting a package and after asking the Postmaster a few times to check for me she finally looked behind some boxes and there it was.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpstat, yesterday the postman delivered my package from Hong Kong, the one I was patiently waiting for five weeks.

So you see, it's worth while hoping for the best....:)

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.