Batteries... when do you change them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaWalker

Newly Enlightened
Reading the vampire thread, and an event this week, had me thinking about changing batteries. My work light is a Coast LED light, it is an unregulated light so it does not take a huge voltage drop before I see a difference in light output, and I will change batteries... it is usually less than 1volt drop in output from the 3AAA's that power it. The batteries at this point still have a lot of life left in them... just not for that light, so the Vampire thread has helped me in my decision to buy an ARC-P to "eat" my old cells. My SF 6P LED I have been using for other tasks almost daily since before Christmas, and the other day I used it for almost 90 minutes straight... the battery voltage is staying strong!! I have a Fluke 87 at home to take my readings with.

At what point do you change your batteries? Is it at a certain voltage drop, or a decrease in light output? I want to hear your take on this.. how often do you take your babies temperature :sick: ... I mean voltage reading??

DM51

Flashaholic
Thanki you for the link Marduke. This topic can be continued there, and I'll close this one.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello IowaWalker,

I'll close this one and we can pick up the discussion in the thread provided by the link that Marduke listed.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.