Interesting Ebay LED light, w/interesting "specs"

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Re: Interesting Ebay LED light, w/interesting

4 123s? Thats mega overdrive if there is no regulation.

500+ hour operation compared to just 20 hours for typical incandescent flashlight bulbs. hehe and then you throw it away because most people out there couldn't replace the LS

Otherwise looks like a solid light with a nice beam. Anyone know the buyer? So we can ask him for a review...

Best regards,
Randy

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

sure looks sexy...

the only thing i find doubtful is the 500 life... i think he means luxeon life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

definately using step-down, or resisters or something...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

doesn't look like nxo5 to me...frean maybe?

mr bulk, that link...that looks like a female hand...a female modder? she's mine, i claim her!

ufokillerz

Enlightened

someone on this forum has one of those flashlights from that guy, i cannot recall who but he linked to this guys ebay auction telling how good his light was.

Bill.H

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
ufokillerz said:
someone on this forum has one of those flashlights from that guy, i cannot recall who but he linked to this guys ebay auction telling how good his light was.

[/ QUOTE ]
As of right now, the current high bidder is a name I know from here!

ufokillerz

Enlightened

hehe someone on this forums already has one because he was pimping the product a while ago.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey Abe, all things considered, $41 is a steal! Time to get my sniping software out...

Catdaddy

Enlightened

Against the advice of someone on this forum I bought one of these, and he is right. It does NOT have the beam shape shown. The guy is sending me a new optics that he "created" which is suppose to be tighter and without without the dim center.

Darkgear,
You are right about the 4 123 batteries. This light has resistance. BTW, the construction and mounting of the LED, resistor, wiring, etc is excelent quality--the best I have seen. Also, it is a super white color LED.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Hmm... That optic looks like it might be one of those funny LedLenser ones with the hollow center part...

Kiessling

Flashaholic

hm, LedmodMan, would be possible.
when I look at my V2 Power Chip from tha same angel ... would be possible but can't tell for sure. those optics fool me every time I look at them ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

ufokillerz

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
InTheDark said:
Anybody have any idea how the guy on the second auction makes the rechargable light work? It seems like the light would have to be on for it to recharge, but I'm not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2312006442

[/ QUOTE ]

there might be 2 sets of leads that come out of the batteries, 1 set connected to the switch/Luxeon and the other set connected to the charge jack.

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened

Crap. That rechargeable mag mod is exactly what I was planning to make, right down to the location of the charger socket. I plan on using 6 1/2C's or maybe 6AA's, NiMH. It wouldn't be as bright as our favorite 9V 5W Mag mod, but still plenty bright.

But not Cyan. Yikes.

I'm curious how much it goes for. I think if it were a white LED it would fetch a very good price. But I would want to KEEP it.

InTheDark

Enlightened

KillOZap, keep us updated if you make it. I want to make my mag a rechargable w/12 AA's. I like the idea of putting the plug on the tailcap, but I think it might be easier for me to put it right above the switch so I don't have to route wires all the way down the barrel.

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened

Yes, tell m er... us all about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I plan on having a strip of copper run from the + end of the 6 1/2C pack down to the base, covered with tape to insulate it. The trick will be screwing on the cap and not twisting up and breaking off the + connection to the socket. Hmm, maybe the entire battery pack will need to spin around with the cap... or have a longer than usual wire connection.

The other issue will be that the 6 1/2C's might not leave enough room for the plug to go in. 6 AA's in EL's 3toD's would be the solution to that, but then I think I'll probably run into trouble running that positive lead down because the 3toD's are probably a tight fit. Ah, well, won't know until I try.

First things first, though, gotta find some 5W HD's at a good price. Any suggestions?