Inova XO for $25, how good is it? And how to check what version it is?

DKTVPN

Newly Enlightened
On my local paper Fry's is having a sale for Titanium XO (white/black) for $25, and before buying it I need some suggestion from this forum: how to check the version, brightness compared to, reliability, ... Should I drive to Fry's to buy it? Or is there a better light with $25?

Online prices are different:

- White version.
- Black version.

One2gofst

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the original X0, as these appear to be. It is a good light. Beat in mind it uses the TIROS, so there will be no spill. It does throw well for what it is and seems pretty rugged. It is kind of big for pocket carry, but for a coat pocket or something would be OK. The price seems good if you like the light. If you don't, I would pass.

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
I've had one for a while and can say it's about as durable as a light can get. Just about bullet proof. It wont take two 3.7v rcr123a cells but it will run on one of them in a pinch, or a 3.7v 14500, with similar output. Not a pocket light but it came with a good holster.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For $25, it is a good deal.

But if you are looking for output and isn't too worried about durability(Will take some abuse but not as much as the Inova), there are better deals(Output wise) out there.

DKTVPN

Newly Enlightened
For $25, it is a good deal.

But if you are looking for output and isn't too worried about durability(Will take some abuse but not as much as the Inova), there are better deals(Output wise) out there.

What's your suggestion?

Tomorow is the last day on sale so I need to know it's good to buy this or not. The advantage of this deal is Fry's store is just less than a mile from my work and 4 miles from my home if anything wrong I can deal with that right away. All inputs are more than welcome. I don't mind to wait for shipping if they are a little less durable but much more power.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these X0 Titanium and I'm happy with it. For $ 25 I would surely buy it. As others have said there's not much spill but the rather concentrated beam goes very far and is free of artifacts.

:wave:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the image on the page is a first-generation, straight-tube looking XO, back when they were some of the best pocket throwers out there. You're looking at a 1-watt Luxeon 1 diode of some flavor, very tightly collimated. I could pocket carry it, but it's a little long - maybe six inches by one inch across? I've got a second-generation XO that I dearly loved with regards to just about everything, which despite having been "replaced" still gets regularly carried.

I'd buy a TIROS XO if I could find it for $25.

By the way - best way to spot a second-plus generation Xo is to look for that traditional flaring out of the body to accommodate a reflector. On second thought, best way to spot a second-plus generation Xo is to look for a reflector.