5 lumen flashlight examples

Shalom

Newly Enlightened
Surefire's E1B ,hopefully soon to be released, has a high setting of 80 lumen and a low setting of 5 lumen. I can understand 5 being enough for checking ID, reading a map. But I'd like to get an idea of what more 5 lumen can do .
What other commonly found flashlights have a 5 lumen output?
TIA
Shalom

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 lumens is bright enough for walking around in a dark house. IIRC my Fenix E0, Gerber infinity ultra and the low on my McLux PD-S mizer are about 5 lumens. The Arc aaa-CS is 6 lumens I think.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
the low on my novatac 120p is very low, like 1 lumen or so? in a very dark place (indoors), you really dont need a lot of light to move around, read etc and 5 is way more than enough. so it really depends on your surroundings and usage i think.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Fenix E0, current Arc Standard (old +P with Nichia CS), the low setting on the NiteCore Defender Infinity

It's a very useful output level.

Shalom

Newly Enlightened
Thanks people for the quick input on the output.
I wonder if Surefire should try to include an output level for general non-tactical lighting in this E1B, if the idea is that it's going to be the one and only light carried. I know it's being called backup but a lot of people are going to want to use it as the THE light on their person with tactical use first consideration.
And then make it with AA batteries:whistle:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Proton can be set for 5 lumens or less. Also, the ZebraLight on low is supposed to be 2-3 lumens.

Geoff

paulr

Flashaholic
The E0 is around 3 lumens. The classic 2aa Minimag is one of the most popular flashlights in history and is supposedly around 5 lumens, though it can focus that to a tiny spot for distant lighting.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Yeah, even thought with my FF3 I would use less than 5 lumens sometimes, for the most part, going down to 5 lumens is low enough for my needs. Yep, the Nitecore Defender Infinity does it to 5.

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
The Fenix E0's output is perfect when your eyes is adjusted to darkness, it's even bright enough to use in a walk in total darkness.

Even used it on a toilet when the lights were not working, no problem if you EDC a E0 with your keys ;)

LED Cool

Enlightened
What other commonly found flashlights have a 5 lumen output?

LiteFlux LF2 SSC. a AAA LED light that allow the user to select from 0.5 lumens to 80 lumens when using Li-Ion (10440) rechargeable.

Li-Ion over discharge protection built-in as well.

khoo

Rzr800

Enlightened
RaidFire Spear.
Not only a decent spill 5 lumens...but a very well thrown 5 lumens for approx. 200 hours I believe.
I can remember folks up here bashing the Spear for this 'ridiculous' low output before it even came out.
Now that Surefire has came out with very same low setting but a few months later?....:bow:

The 5 lumen level on the Spear is just about perfect, imo and the throw....well, why not have both?

Last edited: