• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Original McLux III Ti-PD modded with Seoul + very special piston SPF

dcjs

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm selling my customized original 6-flute Ti-PD. :candle:

The light was modded with a Seoul emitter by myself, I also put in a McR20S reflector and exchanged the window (original one had fingerprint on inside:green:). The beam is smooth and tint is as good as it gets wit a SSC. There is a GlowRing installed as window seal.
Since for some reason the light came with a brass piston instead of Ti, I made my own piston of Ti 6Al4V with a checkered burtton, you can read that story and see more pictures here. Operation with the new piston is very smooth and positive. A nickel plated brass piston with tritium vial will also be included with the light. The GDx2 converter ist a new part from Don, hasn't even used for a whole battery. The light has been carried so it is not mint, but there are no bad marks or scratches, just what you would expect from normal use. The outside of the clip has been sanded, otherwise the finish is original, no corners rounded with sandpaper or anything like that.

This light is a suberb performer, but I have come to use my Al PD more, and I'm not a collector, so this will be up for sale, though I cannot possibly charge an appropriate price for the work that was put into the piston alone. :green:

For shipping/customs convenience, I would like to keep the shipping within the EU. There are already enough of these lights in the US anyway. ;) Price including shipping within the EU is 420€, I can accept PP, but I would prefer money transfer to my bank account.

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Original McLux III Ti-PD modded with Seoul + very special piston / EU sale

Beautiful piston :thumbsup:

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: Original McLux III Ti-PD modded with Seoul + very special piston / EU sale

Hi David!

Nice light you have. A real beauty...:thumbsup:

But i would like to bye the other light shown
in the picture you build on your own...wow! i
know it from the messerforum.net....

good luck with sale!:twothumbs

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

unfortunately, the other one is not a complete functioning light, it's a custom titanium 1xCR123-body with a C-series tailcap and a Maxlite head... FrankenLight for picture taking purposes. :sick2:

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Hi David!

I know there is no LE in it...but very very nice!

I'm not providing an unequivocable "I'll take it" so someone else is certainly free to do so. Until that happens, can you answer a few questions? What would be the total cost with registered (trackable) shipping to US plus any other fees (such as PayPal)? I have no problem with you stating actual value on the customs form. Also, can you take a pic of the entire custom piston?

Thank you!

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

I'll look into that tomorrow, it's o'clock in the middle of the night right now and I'm off to bed. :sssh:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

450.00 EUR
=
657.722 USD
Euro United States Dollars
1 EUR = 1.46160 USD 1 USD = 0.684180 EUR

Thanks to my G.E.D:laughing:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

450.00 EUR
=
657.722 USD
Euro United States Dollars
1 EUR = 1.46160 USD 1 USD = 0.684180 EUR

Thanks to my G.E.D:laughing:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not providing an unequivocable "I'll take it" so someone else is certainly free to do so. Until that happens, can you answer a few questions? What would be the total cost with registered (trackable) shipping to US plus any other fees (such as PayPal)? I have no problem with you stating actual value on the customs form. Also, can you take a pic of the entire custom piston?

Thank you!
Hi Troy, I you want I can buy the light on your behalf and forward it to you. :)

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice, I loved that piston when you first posted your work. Having a tough time not pressing the button on this.

blitzlicht65

Enlightened

The shipping costs "Registered Airmail" from germany to the US would be around ~8 EURO:grin2:.

If you want it trackable the costs are ~32 EURO (insurance is included in this option):green:.

Hi Freddy:wave:, how much are the shipping costs from belgium?

Greetings:wave:

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast

Err.... Um.... :tinfoil::whistle:

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

Obviously, these aren't my best pictures, but to take decent pics of Ti lights I have to set up a makeshift light tent. :whistle:

I dare say that the outside finish of the piston is second to none of the three original Ti pistons I have seen. Machining marks on the inside of the walls are a bit rough, and there are chatter marks on the bottom of the inside. Facing off deep in there with a thin boring bar was the part that sucked the most and ruined some carbide inserts. :sick2:
The piston is a little bit bigger in diameter than the original one to reduce slop and improve the feel of the piston action.

IMG_1256m.jpg

IMG_1261m.jpg

IMG_1262m.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic

I can also serve as forwarding and payment service, if needed. Just PM me.

Nice piston !!

bernie

dcjs

Newly Enlightened

For now, this is still up for grabs! :poke:

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened

Man, I am SO HOVERING over the button to grab this up! If not for several recent purchases it would be coming home! Someone help keep me from my addiction...!!!!! :(

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

David,
I have lusted after this light since you posted pic of it some time ago.
Like some custom firearms with checkering ,your light is calling my name.
Great looking light :twothumbs:twothumbs