Tiablo A1 to replace Fenix L0P?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still keep a Fenix L0P on my keychain. I'm looking at the Tiablo A1 to possibly replace it.

I never bought a Fenix L0D because I heard reports of noticeable PWM flickering. I can't stand that. Does the Tiablo A1 flicker?

I'm not interested in a multi level light. I just want twist on/off. I think this is what the Tiablo A1 does.

I have no interest in running a li-ion 10440 cell. I'll use regular alkaline AAA, NiMH, or possibly an occasional Energizer L92 cell.

I'm worried about the recent Rebel epoxy recall. I'd assume this could affect the Tiablo A1?

Has anyone compared the L0P to the A1? Any thoughts?

paulr

Flashaholic
I saw some threads about the A1 and wasn't that impressed. I don't remember if it had multi-levels but it would surprise me if it didn't. Making 1-level lights is a forgotten secret.

If you like your L0P, why replace it? If you want more output you could mod it or get it modded. I have an L0P with a Seoul P4 that is great. I got it from datiled who does these mods for a reasonable fee.

I also have an L0DCE and yeah, the flickering is noticable in some situations.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Tiablo A1 and like it a lot. I originally was unhappy about the over rating of the lumens but this light has won me over. It is bright enough for a AAA light, has a great spot and spill on it, and I believe it is very rugged. It has been on my keychain since I purchased it.

I would suggest you read the two or three reviews in the flashlight review section. Lots of responses to my review and the other two reviews that were done.

Bill

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Yeah I've heard nothing but good reviews about the A1. Tiablo did overestimate its output and nobody really knows why or how that happened, but from rough estimates it still puts out about 40 useful lumens, contains a slightly better reflector for throw, and has a decent single-mode runtime on a AAA primary. Fit and finish is supposed to be really nice as well. I bought an L0D Q4 after much consideration, but I would still not overlook the A1..it's probably very reliable.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new Tiablo A1's build and beam are really impressive and made me forget my 3 L0D's. Simple one level twist action and a lot of light without having to use a li-ion cell. :)

Surely worth looking into when shopping for a keychain light.

BTW because it only goes full blast there is no PWM.

:wave:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a used A1 off B/S/T. Boy, am I happy with it! It's a significant upgrade from my old L0P, both in output and color. It makes the poor L0P look like an old CMG Infinity. It is slightly larger than the L0P. I'll have to live with it for a while to see if that bothers me, but I don't see it being a problem right now.

The machining is top rate, and the threading is a joy to operate. I love the shape of the beam from the Rebel emitter with OP reflector. It has a nice big hotspot with a smooth transition to spill. The color on this Rebel is fantastic, too. I hope they sort out the problems with bad Rebel epoxy and get these things into production again soon. I'll definitely buy more Rebel lights.

I only issue I've got now is I need a way to hang it on my key ring. My L0P came with a tiny split ring and a small but sturdy snap clip. I need another one to put on the A1.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also very impressed with my Tiablo A1s it is nice to find a bright single stage light that is so small.If you check the lanyard supplies at lighthound you will find small split rings that will work for your Tiablo A1.