• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD-1331 lumens, 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite, Unique batteries!

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is, a modified Black 3C-cell Maglite sporting a Phillips 5761 bulb. It is unique:
  • 3C-cell black Maglite bored to better accept Emoli and A123 Lithium Cells, it has 2 Emoli and soft start.
  • The socket is a ceramic switch/Pr to Bi-Pin socket for a low resistance high temperature union of bulb and circuit using Mill-Max connectors (it is a permanent socket adapter and not removable). It allows off/on and momentary off/on operation. G4, 4mm pin spacing and diameter
  • click for larger pics​
  • Single click to turn on, always! Instant On and Off and Momentary on/off switch, switch modified for reduced resistance that translates to more torch lumens out the front. All switch wiring is internal no slop but same principle as: Mag Switch Resistance Fix.. 1/6th stock!
  • 854 Torch lumens out the front by calculations! Frosted Phillips 5761 bi-pin halogen bulb, rated 765 lumens overdriven to 1331 lumens. The bulb runs at 5.5 amps. Focus is @2 turns up from bottom but can be adjusted at the pedestal.
  • Genuine MagCharger window, high temperature float glass. (UCL will eventually break from the heat.)
  • Smooth Litho123 reflector fitted to the 5761 bulb, long throwing wide hot-spot feathering into spill beam.
  • Head, socket assembly and reflector surrounded in ceramic blanket material for thermal management.
click for more information: Ceraminc Blanket Insulation for super-powerful incans

Here are two examples of my ceramic blanket protection (these are not the 3C Emolie 5761).

Click the picture for full view
  • Very stable and sturdy soft start not prone to electronic failure with an NTC circuit in the tail cap.
        • SL12 1R010
        • Initial resistance cold start 1.0 ohms
        • Max Steady State Current Up to 65°C at 10.0 A
        • Resistance @ 100% of Max Current 0.027 ohms
        • Resistance @ 50% of Max Current 0.060 ohms
  • Fused at the battery ground for protection in the tail cap, along with NTC. Similar to this click it: NTC and fuse in tail spring
  • Click the picture for full view, to enlarge it
  • Run time theoretically is 3000mAh / 5.5 Amps = @ 32 minutes
  • Long running constant out put, one of the flattest discharge curves of any batteries. Flat discharge curve means a near constant light output until depleted.
  • IMR26700A Lithium Ion Batteries, "the safe lithium"
Specs:
Cell Type IMR26700 Manganese, EMOLI
Size 26.4mm diameter; 70mm length
Weight 100g
Capacity 3Ah
Standard Operating Voltage 4.2V - 2.5V
Energy Density 285Wh/l
Power Density 1500W/kg at 20 seconds
This is a unique flashlight because it produces a great amount of light, 1331 lumens, 854 torch lumens in a small body, 3C-cell. That is generally more than the M85 (m@g85) and ROP modified lights. The light is initially brighter than any of my AW Lithium C-cell 5761s because the voltage sag is almost non-existant! It uses safer lithium cells, the same as used in Milwaukee Tool battery packs. The batteries are constructed with a negative ground on the steel casing. They are very rugged and one of a very few lithium batteries capable of handling high drain bulbs.

Emoli batteries like all batteries require the proper charger and methods. Be sure your charger is rated for Emoli. Many Radio Control type chargers now charge Emoli cells. Generally Emoli cells can be charged on Lithium Ion battery charges that charge a nominal 3.6V or Lipoly chargers at 3.7V, consult the charger specs and RC sources like www.rcgroups.com for information.

This is a used light by my standards because I am a hobbyist, not a dealer. All parts were new when assemble 1-19-2008. My hobby is building lights and experimenting with designs. With all my extra parts I built this light to lighten my supply of extra parts.

1331 bulb lumens with 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite,

$180.00 USD
Optional charging Jack add $15.00

left: 3C-Emoli 5761, disassembled; right: 3C-A123 5761, not 4-sale

Click the picture for full view, to enlarge it

Buyer pays shipping, USPS and mailing insurance. Shipping on receipt of payment, PayPal or certified check or money order. I will honor the first "I'll take it" without conditions posted in the thread. I check CPF in the night, Mountain Standard Time, UTC/GMT -7 hours. Private Message the specific details please.

This is a custom modified light, made with new consumer parts. All the components are modified and are not in the original condition and configuration of the manufacturer. While these Emoli batteries are considered a "safe Lithium chemistry," the buyer assumes all risks and responsibility to use this light safely and appropriately. This is a private sale and there is no warranty or guarantee. By making this purchase the buyer certifies they are at least 18 years of age and assume all risks and responsibility to use this light and parts safely and appropriately and accepts the light and parts in an "as is" condition.

Have you been following the hot wire threads? Yes, ROP and WA1185 modified lights have traditionally been entry level hot wire lights, now with the discovery of the potential of the Phillips 5761 bulb brighter modified lights and longer run times over the ROP and WA1185 are now a reality. The M85, WA1185 has a following because it was there first but I just had to bring it up again, it is not the worlds brightest anymore. Actual light output from a flashlight, referred to as torch-lumens, is likely in common modified lights to be:
v5761 at 7.2Vbat. produces 854 torch lumens (1331 bulb lumens)
v1185 at 10.8Vbat. produces 772torch lumens (1194 bulb lumens)

Reference: 5761 History And Modified Lights

HISTORY DISCUSSION
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/127925fs BobG does beam shots against 1185
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/145224 Old history and the challenge to develop the model
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/113100&page=2 From post #100 onward the 1185 comparison and extensive 5761 discussion to include this model
NTC soft start cures 5761 insta-flashes in MC NTC craze I started, sources link here

NTC soft start cures 5761 instantflash with 2x Emolis
EMOLI CELLS

MY WORK, MY MODS:
FS-PR to BiPin socket with Welch Allyn 01185 Bulbs MY SOCKETS!!
FS- DROP IN G6.35 CERAMIC PR TO BI-PIN SOCKETS MY SOCKETS!
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172284 My last 2c-Cell, great review
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/170280 stuff I made
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=158647 attaboy in post #13, great review
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/162767 Tail cap modifications

SOLD-Dual Host 4-Mode C-cell size M85 or M61, With Charging Jack, WA1185 or P 5761
Tail cap modifications
SOURCES OF PARTS:
FS Emoli $15 cell A123 $13 cell
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=148443 Litho Reflectors
www.bulbconnection.com source Phillips 5761
www.flashlightlens.com source for windows or UCL lens

www.brightguy.com source of C-cell maglites

Last edited:

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Re: FS-1331 lumens, 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite, Unique batteries!

Help me out here. You said it had 3 emol's and it is a 3c mag. As far as I can tell, 3 emoli's don't even fit into a 4c without some modding.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS-1331 lumens, 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite, Unique batteries!

Help me out here. You said it had 3 emol's and it is a 3c mag. As far as I can tell, 3 emoli's don't even fit into a 4c without some modding.

OH :eek: :awman:- - THANK YOU !:thanks: For helping me out here!:confused:

It is a 3C size mag host with 2 Emoli 26700, each battery is a nominal 3.7 volts and 70 mm long. There is 13mm of tube left between the batteries and the top of the tail cap, just enough to modify the tail cap into a fused NTC carrying low resistance modified terminal and to add a charging jack if desired.

The 5761 is a 6 volt bulb and it is typically pushed at 6.9 to 7.1 volts. 6.9 is safe but many reports of:poof: insta-flash come at 7.1Vbulb, depends on the bulb lot.

I WAS UP TOO LATE, I AM VERY TIRED:sleepy: AND TYPED THAT WRONG!! :oops:

I AM SORRY.:shakehead

Time for a bump any way.:bump: I have tested the 5761 in 2x emoli and 2x A123 with Litho123 smooth reflectors and frosted bulbs. Side by side test. The A123 start out just a tad brighter, you would never notice unless you side by side and test against various backgrounds, it is so slight. After about 10 minutes of accumulated time the Emoli leads in brightness, again ever so slight unless side by side and various surfaces you would not catch it. You watching this Jim Jones?:scowl: (JJ and I :buddies:have been tracking these two mods, they are so close in performace.)

The 5761 is a big filament bulb and as such produces a large hot spot. The Litho reflector that I use gives you the appearance of a flood with that bulb but you notice it throws a great distance too because the flood is created by the size of the filament not by spreading a small beam out. You can take advantage of a long throwing reflector. Other reflectors built on the origianl Mag design throw far but you loose a lot of useful side spill with this bulb with that style. Almost a universal light. WA bulbs as the WA 01185 which the M85 is built on have a small hot spot in the beam compared to the Phillips 5761.

Last edited:

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast

NL yes I'm watching. Agree without both mods side by side, 2xA123 and 2xEmoli, can't tell with unaided vision.

For me the practical purpose unaided vision trump's light box measurements, sphericals, and the favorite lumen ratings. Photos can be misleading unless one pic shows both lights in comparison. If anyone is considering building a m@g85 your sale should motivate them to go with 5761. Side by side with a m@g85 it is very noticable brighter and longer and flater runtime compared to 9AA's. Also cheaper in the long run as both Emoli and A123 are rated 1000 to 1500 I believe recharge cycles.

Congratulations on another excellent tutorial sale ad. Someone should submit it for accreditation, surely it's worthy of 2 maybe 3 hours credit.

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast

Think this is the longest have seen one of your mods last fs.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they could see it with a aspheric 254mm focal length lens in place. It shoots down most other lights as I am projecting all those lumes way out there, more on target at far ranges than the 64430 mods which essential have 2.5 times the light output of the 5761. It is all about managing where you focus the beam.
This is a good mod, the switch assembly is hard wired, no moving parts except the switch mechanism itself and it is all internal, no slop on the outside like you see in the tutorial switch page.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast

edit: JUST SOLD IT THANKS GANG!!!!!!!!!...........

Poor economy? Witing for tax returns? Surprised me. I have built lights like this before and they sold instantly, in some case were ordered before I posted. No complaints ever, and this one is superb, very neat low resistance switch and socket, all modding is inside it. I personally carry one for professional use. When on night shift I use it a lot.

:bump: Good Morning ! It is my week end and I will bump my FS 'cause I got time to be on CPF. Bumps once a week to be reasonable. But time has slipped away and I will be modding less now. I am having a Sell off of my "toys", maybe stepping back from CPF for now. I will miss it and all of you. :bumpit:

FS-1331 lumens, 5761 bulb, small 3C-cell modified Maglite, Unique batteries!
FS- Genuine Osram 64430 Halo Star Bulbs
FS-PR to BiPin socket with Welch Allyn 01185 Bulbs
FS- DROP IN G6.35 CERAMIC PR TO BI-PIN SOCKETS
Mag Lite parts, NEW Some gone other deals waiting to go

Last edited:

Latest posts