Aurora WF-600 Q5 2-mode 18650 back in stock

MstrHnky

Enlightened
in case anyone was looking for one, or had tried ordering one recently, but had been refunded by dx, myself included.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8672

i just ordered one. hopefully, i'll have it around the first of the month.

from what i've read, it's a great thrower, but has a very ringy beam. i don't really care for that price. i just want a thrower.

coldlocus

Newly Enlightened
I had just ordered a WF-600 when I saw that the Aurora Q5 was available again. But after looking into to it further(I was thinking about switching the order to the Aurora) I'm not sure they are the exact same lights. The WF-600 has gotten great reviews as a thrower, and the only reason that I was interested in the Aurora was that it seemed to be the same light but with a Q5. But if you look at the beamshots of the Aurora, it looks completely different from the WF-600. Not as tight spot as you would want from a thrower.
If only the info at DX was better.

bspofford

Enlightened
I have several of the WF-600 Q2 lights in type II finish. They perform well, but the construction is only fair. The WF-400 seems to have much better construction. I just ordered a couple fo these because they are HAIII, and I have read that the construction is good. In my experience, the 3.0-9V models aren't as bright as the 18650 even when you use 2X16340, so I ordered this model. Hopefully, all my assumptions are correct.