Is there ANY LED-Light that puts out more Lumen than the WiseLED 1500?

TheGreyEminence

Newly Enlightened
I´ve got this one now for a week and i love it! But, as a flashaholic *g*, i always question myself "Is there MORE???" :D
So, to anybody, is there a more powerful ledlight out there than the Tactical 1500 from Wiseled? If yes, where to buy and how much?

Thanks for any input!

Regards:wave:

Zenster

Enlightened
Then a more general answer to the question comes from a saying we have here in Texas: "If you don't like the weather right now, wait a minute and it'll change".

LED technology, like all electronics technology, is changing rapidly. So the "brightest" of today is the "ho hum" of tomorrow.

My personal opinion (YMMV) is that lights in the 200 to 250 lumen class already surpass illumination requirements for 95% of what we use lights for in the dark anyway, and many will illuminate further than we can usefully see at night already.
Not that long ago, a person would always want to try to find the brightest light available at that time because NONE of them were really as bright as what we really wanted for night time use.
Nowadays, it's more a matter of choosing a light for a specific purpose, and many times, the purpose requires less light than may be available.

Take a look at some of the threads here and note how often people like to talk about how LITTLE light they like to use sometimes.
I like to have a light with me when going to a movie in order to light up the stairs so my wife won't trip. While my personal favorite light for that is a Surefire E1L, at 30 lumens (even less because I use the F04 diffuser), even it is brighter than I really want for the purpose.

So I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about having the brightest light available or you'll be buying a new light every couple of months or so.
Just get the brightest you "need" for what you need a really bright light for, and then get some others of lessor capability for other needs and you'll be set for a very long time.
I'm at about 20 lights right now, from an E1L to an AE Xenide 25w and then lot's of ones to fill the "in between" of those two, and I have to tell 'ya, I'm tired of buying lights. (Well, I should probably get the new E1B, but that's the LAST one, really... but wait, I should probably pick up a...).

Just thinkin' out loud...

marc123

Newly Enlightened
I have to say Zenster that you have just summed up perfectly the conclusion I have reached in my mind only this week.

I think a lot of lights now are so bright that it actually restricts what purpose/situations they can be used for. Hence the great multi-mode features that are available on most LED's, but a good low is grat to have. It would be a little bit embarrassing lighting up the cinema steps with 260+ Lumens :eek:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest custom LED light is probably the "Data Bank 70", which uses 70 (!!) Cree XRE emitters:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/178130
+1, driven at around 1.5A each, even if those were P4s..thats roughly 342 lumens each...theoratical 24000 total emiter lumens, given a 30% loss,thats 16800, aspheric lenses, if any light is a monster, that is, it will make the wiseled look like a solitaire..

It would be a little bit embarrassing lighting up the cinema steps with 260+ Lumens :eek:
Lionel (iSleep) did that...lol...

Crenshaw

Last edited: