Tiablo MA1 Luxeon Rebel 100 AAA

mikes1

Enlightened
Just spoted this at Lighthound like the A1 but two levels 30 lumen low and 100 lumen high
This one realy came out of the blue any one know any more info?
:popcorn:

Mike

Bigsy

Enlightened
Real shame it doesn't look to have a low lithium cutoff otherwise this would be my perfect EDC.

Jay T

Enlightened
If it is anything like the original A1 it's would be a nice light, however, any numbers in the specifications are a work of fiction.

The A1 was first advertised as a 180 and sold as a 180 lumen.
A1ad.jpg

This was then changed to 110, where it stands today.
Anybody who bought one soon found out they had a 45 lumen light. (see the reviews).

Looking at the specs I see they claim to be using a rebel 100. Ok, this emitter is speced generates 100 lumens at 350Ma at ~3.7V. The problem is that AAA li-ions only store 500Mah not the 1,000+ that would be needed for a 3hr runtime.

Decent little pocket light, just ignore any published specs.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Here again, I must mention that numerous Rebel chips made in the last 6 months (roughly? I didn't do the math) have been recalled by Lumileds, and production on them has been halted.

Refer this CPF thread

Not a troll, more like a public service announcement :)

I'm not sure if dealers can check the mfg date code on their leds or not.

*edit* I have one of the firstrun Tiablo A1 Rebel 100's. Well, my co-worker has it, I see it every day. It was working last night, not sure if it has 24+ hours on it yet though.

I gave it away because I hated the tint :(

Last edited:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
tedjanxt, too bad about the tint lottery. I think someone had two A1s, and one had the nice incan-like tint people expect from a Rebel, other had puke green.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyways, I could have sworn just reading about how someone would love an A1 with two modes... It appears that their wish came true the next day!

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3431

I am definitely going to hold off for CPF user reviews on this one, seeing that Tiablo understated their final voltage settings on the original A1.

45 lumens is a little far from original, original statement of 180 :D

tedjanxt

Enlightened
tedjanxt, too bad about the tint lottery. I think someone had two A1s, and one had the nice incan-like tint people expect from a Rebel, other had puke green.

Mine was the puke-green style, baby vomit model...

*edit* Fit and finish was excellent on the light, and I actually liked the clip, body style, HA, and the GID behind the lens. Just the light itself puts out a blech color.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did one of the reviews on the A1. Originally I was very disapointed in the over estimating of the Lumens but I must admit this little light has won me over. I may be wrong but I have a feeling Tiablo learned something ( after I'm sure they read the reviews ) and may have raised the lumen count on high with the MA1. Can't wait to see the first reviews!
sssh.gif

If the lumen count is a little more accurate on this one I will gladly buy it and give my A1 to a friend or family member.

Nice Find Mikes1

Bill

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very tempting. Just yesterday, I was thinking of buying an A1. Now I see this.

I wonder if there is PWM flicker on low? That would be a deal breaker for me.

I wonder how you switch between high and low modes?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the operating voltage for the MA1 is different from the A1.

MA1 upto 4.2 volts

A1 upto 2.7 volts

This would suggest they have changed the MA1 to take the 3.6v rechargables?

Interesting.

Bill

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it looks like the lumen count may be a little more accurate on this one. However they have lowered it to 60 lumens.

Bill

mikes1

Enlightened
Well I've ordered one! I have been impressed with my A1 the build quality is good and although it is not 100 lumens it dose make a lot of useable light.
I have looked at the Liteflux LF2 and Lumapower avenger but I am not sure about the UI or reliability of either of these lights. Hopefully the simple High/low of the MA1 should be easy to use and reliable.
Time will tell

Mike

Last edited:

prsimons1

Newly Enlightened
Hiya, Just to let you all know that the MA1 does not flicker on low output and the way in which you select low to high is by turning it off (twist the tail) then back on again immediately and you can switch between low and high. Great color light really white (my one's anyway). Highly recommended!

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
If it is anything like the original A1 it's would be a nice light, however, any numbers in the specifications are a work of fiction.

The A1 was first advertised as a 180 and sold as a 180 lumen.
A1ad.jpg

This was then changed to 110, where it stands today.
Anybody who bought one soon found out they had a 45 lumen light. (see the reviews).

Looking at the specs I see they claim to be using a rebel 100. Ok, this emitter is speced generates 100 lumens at 350Ma at ~3.7V. The problem is that AAA li-ions only store 500Mah not the 1,000+ that would be needed for a 3hr runtime.

Decent little pocket light, just ignore any published specs.

Yea such things like this put me off. Totally ruins manufacturer's reputation. I might as well get a Kai Domain AAA buckle light for 1/3 the price and twice the output.