SF Website Accuracy...

SureAddicted

Enlightened
On the SF site, under flashlights they say the E1E is their smallest and the 10X Dominator is their largest. I'm sorry but how can SF get this wrong? Their smallest is the Titan. The E1E is 3.40 inches, Titan 3.15 inches long. The brief time the E1B was on their they listed that as their smallest, which is again wrong.

I also thought "The Beast" was SF largest? :confused:

Steve

Kiessling

Flashaholic
And the SF website is notoriously late in updates and corrections. I'd rely on CPF and not the SF website for accurate info.
bernie

Illum

Flashaholic
keep in mind that the titan was not available a year ago when they made that statement and that the beast is not a commericially sold light. its more of a custom/built to order light thats usually not inclusive of the "surefire collection"
the hellfire [hellfighter] is also off the list unless its inquired by a buyer

EDIT: doh, greenstuffs got it first :grin2:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Thanks for the prompt replies. Looking at it that way, it does make sense now. I never knew or heard about the SF Hellfire, is that similar to the beast?

Steve

Last edited:

jugg2

Enlightened
The Hellfire is an HID light. It is made to be mounted on tanks, or carried by hand; search Hellfire on the SF website and it will come up.

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
Last edited by a moderator:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now just got to figure a way out to EDC that monster. :crackup:

Thanks guys and that is one sweet looking HID.

Steve

Simple. Backpack for the two batteries it requires (you could add two more for extended runtime!:twothumbs), then either figure out some way to hang it on an ALICE vest, sling it over your shoulder, or make some kind of holster for it so you can hang it on your hip for quick-draw access. Just make sure you have some of those really dark glasses like they used at the A-bomb tests, because the backspill reflecting off of some perp at ten feet will probably blind you as well. Won't be a problem tho, because at that range, his eyeballs will be fried!

Illum

Flashaholic
Now just got to figure a way out to EDC that monster. :crackup:

Thanks guys and that is one sweet looking HID.

Steve

wouldn't be too hard really, despite the fact that the literature says it runs off 2 2590 military batteries, it does say it can be ran off of a cigarette lighter socket...so all you really needs to figure out is how not to look ridiculous carrying a jumpstarter and the Hellfighter as EDCs:twothumbs