1x CR123 Light, thats worthy

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix P1D CE, but what else is there which takes a single CR123 battery, which is tough, sturdy, bright, and worthy to be EDC'd.

And if you have or know of such a light, do you know how it can be bought in England?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a zillion of them, give or take a billion. My favorites are the Olight T10 and Surefire L1. Not sure where to get them overseas. Pacific Tactical sells Olight.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Hds twisty coming soon or any hds for that matter. The new novatac lights are pretty good also.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting, cant find much info apart from a pdf someone made with the info. I wonder why its removed from the surefire site ?!

Little expencive for my normal purchase, and the brightness/runtime is not as good as fenix P2D, so i dont know how thats going to work out. also i think its a clicky switch, and i want to migrate away from clickes if i can, i want to go bombproof with momentary switches with the twist to keep it turned on like surefire or inova.

carrot

Flashaholic
There are only 4 current/upcoming lights in CR123 format that I think are really worth the attention: Surefire L1, HDS Twisty, Arc PD / Arc LS, and the McLux PD-S. You won't go wrong with any of them. :D

sawlight

Enlightened
Any version of the L1, ANYTHING HDS, I have come to love my Novatac, price be damned, the McLux lights.
Man, there are a lot to look at!!!!!

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the Olight T10 Q5. I've been EDCing mine for a couple months now and really like it. The output on level 5 is very impressive (well over 3,000 lux) and the UI is nice as well.
It can be purchased from Fenix-store.com for $52 worldwide shipping included!

jk904jk

Banned
I also vote for the Olight T10. I love it.

by the way. I say that after EDCing a P1D-ce for 5 months.

_Jeff

Confederate

Enlightened
With rechargables being so readily available, I like the little SKU: 6117 at DealExtreme. I've gone to carrying it all the time and if the mood strikes me, I can give it to someone and just get another (I always have spares). People not really into flashlights have their jaws drop when they see this kind of light coming out of so small a package. This one particular light is inexpensive and works very well it pitch blackness and is more than adequate indoors.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the T10 beat a P1D CE ? How do you compare runtime, beam profile, size?

I also EDC an Olight T10 Q5 version.

It has a deep reflector that is both smooth and stippled.
It has a very tight and round hotspot. I've owned a few
fenix's in the past. The fenix have never come close to the
T10's hotspot and it has great throw!

You will love it, give it a shot! :thumbsup:

cal..45

Enlightened
I have a Fenix P1D CE, but what else is there which takes a single CR123 battery, which is tough, sturdy, bright, and worthy to be EDC'd.

And if you have or know of such a light, do you know how it can be bought in England?

obvious answer: P2D Q5. in my opinion much better user interface than the P1D (I never liked this light for that) a bit brighter, better beam (op) and better to handle due to its ~ 1cm longer body.

regards, holger

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I worry about the T10 being too tight. I loves throwers not long ago, but im thinking its better to see more of whats closer, than see things further away. How do you find the T10 does at walking where you point it semi close to you? I imagine that you have a tight spot on the floor and you must scan around to find things, other than that, the spill would be what you must rely on.? How does that work.

Cheers

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are only 4 current/upcoming lights in CR123 format that I think are really worth the attention: Surefire L1, HDS Twisty, Arc PD / Arc LS, and the McLux PD-S. You won't go wrong with any of them. :D

+1 - these would be exactly my choice save for the addition of the Nova 120P or Modded HDS EDC.