1aaa single mode lights simular to Arc

Led75

Newly Enlightened
hi guys what other lights out simular to the arc other than the now discontinued fenix eo

paulr

Flashaholic
Besides the Matterhorn, there are still E0's around. There are also some awful Chinese clones, and there is the Gerber Sonic.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I forgot about the Sonic. I think I have a couple of them around here. If I recall correctly, they look like a dog's *****. Not exactly like an Arc, but look at the Streamlight MicroStream and Dorcy 1xAAA lights.

paulr

Flashaholic
Yeah, there were some chinese arc clones for around $5 each. They weren't as bad as one might imagine but that isn't saying much. There were some group buys involving maybe a few hundred of them so if you want some you might be able to ask on Marketplace BST. I think people who got them basically played with them for a few minutes and said "ehhh". This is in contrast with the Dorcy AAA at about the same price, which has been very popular as a finished light, and also as a mod platform and as a source of parts (dc/dc converter board etc) for other projects. The Dorcy is not a keychain light though, it's significantly bigger than the Arc.

Basically if you want an Arc AAA enough to be asking this type of question, you might as well satisfy yourself by buying a real one. They're not THAT expensive.

paulr

Flashaholic
The buckle light is not similar to the arc, it's more like a cheap imitation Fenix L0P. The Arc is designed to run for 5+ hours on a commodity alkaline cell.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in this thread, since i saw a nice Arc with the new led in it, but i want to see if theres something thats affordible. For me to get an Arc it will cost too much.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in this thread, since i saw a nice Arc with the new led in it, but i want to see if theres something thats affordible. For me to get an Arc it will cost too much.

You can get the 3 lumen Camo ARC AAA for only $17 on the Arc's website accessories page

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
that new ds led with 9 lumens impresses me. :( does no other product use this 9 lumen LED ?

If you are impressed with the DS you will be happy with the lower cost CS

I have both and its not that big of a difference

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix E0, which is 5.5 lumens which i presume is also a CS although i dont know for sure. While i like my fenix E0, more brightness is always better.

cy

Flashaholic
for most folks, price difference between a real ARC AAA vs a clone is too little to matter.

it's not one of the required lights for CPF'ers for nothing :twothumbs

without question the best compromise between, quality, price, output, runtime, durable finish, etc.

not best at any one of the above, but without question the best compromise available anywhere...