nOOb first post. Couple of questions

jmt1271

Newly Enlightened
Wish I had found this forum sooner. I just placed my first order for a "low priced" light. I have had several Surefires and Pentagons but today ordered a KU2 8 mode 3W Cree light. Anybody using one of these? Impressions? Are there better GP lights for the $30 or so? Lastly, I am looking to buy 10-20 CR123's and having trouble finding a good deal online. I have always used the Surefire labeled batteries. Are there better options? Source? Thanks for letting get so many questions out of the way right off the bat.:twothumbs

Gunner12

Flashaholic
This light?

For the money, it should be good.

I have something similar, the U2-style Cree. I finally managed to break the coil(don't remember the name) on the driver when I threw the light and it landed on the asphalt. That was after a few months abuse(I've kicked it down hills, thrown it over 50 ft, broken rocks with it and so on). It now has a 3 mode driver board and a single more switch.

DX is probably one of th best places to shop for budget lights(as long as you go for the ones with good reviews). You would have to define better. More throw? Output? Modes?...

Cheapest good primary CR123 batteries that I know of are these ones.

You could probably buy rechargeable batteries to save money. Keep in mind that they don't work with all lights.

:welcome:

jmt1271

Newly Enlightened
I checked battery station.com and have a couple of questions. First, are the "batterystation" brand batteries as good as the Surefires I have had in the past? Secondly is this deal good for $35?Pelican 1040 Spare Battery Carrier. It includes 12 batteries and the pelican case.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not 100% sure, but I think battery station are made by the same manufacturing facility that makes SF batteries (alone with panasonic, duracell, streamlight, rayovac).

Latest posts