Fun Weekend Activities?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lately, I seem to spend most of my weekends at home. While this means I have more time to post on CPF, and more money for lights, I sometimes get bored. Hanging out with friends can be fun. But I was wondering what you guys do on the weekend to unwind. Anything specific?

Scottiver

Enlightened
I like to do fun outdoor activities. I have many interests but I enjoy Windsurfing, surfing, camping, hiking, mt. biking, kayaking and golf to name a few.
At the bare minimum i'll take my dog for a nice hike in the local hills or down by the Bay. It's good to get outside and enjoy nature and get some good exercise.

bitslammer

Enlightened
There's always something that needs to be done around the house to keep complete boredom at bay.

If I really need to zone out I usually can do so by cooking. Sometimes the wife and I will put together a weeks worth of dishes on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

I don't know what it is about cooking, but working with your hands, seeing the results of your effort in short time, and sipping a few glasses of wine while doing so really gets me into the wind down zone. As a plus it means that for the coming weeknights we don't have to worry about cooking and have quick access to good quality meals without having to go out.

Aside from that I play a good deal of World of Warcraft. I don't care much for TV so I guess WoW is like my TV but it's interactive.

jugg2

Enlightened
Me and my friends like to just sit around a fire. Something about it is very relaxing.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heavy lifting followed by a full body massage. Add an extra massage hour for the feet on leg days. Very relaxing :thumbsup:

Last edited: