NO HEAD ON MY NEW ARC AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I bought two Arc AAA from Countycomm.com and one of them arrived without the head! The battery pack and battery were all that was in the package. I emailed Dan and Saturday but haven't heard back yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'd contact Countrycomm AND Arc. Send the eMail to both at the same time. Technically it's Countrycomms problem but Arc might take care of it for you.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Catdaddy said:
I bought two Arc AAA from Countycomm.com and one of them arrived without the head! The battery pack and battery were all that was in the package. I emailed Dan and Saturday but haven't heard back yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder who's at fault? It is in a sealed package, right? So I would assume it originated from the Arc factory. I have seen some distributers remove the batteries from a sealed pack and sell the flashlight without, but never the head!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Don't lose your head.

headless.jpg

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't call that package "sealed" You can take whatever you want from it without leaving any trace. That's why I wonder if my Arc's LE head is really a LE head (the HA does not match and the beam is offcenter).

[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
I wonder who's at fault? It is in a sealed package, right? So I would assume it originated from the Arc factory. I have seen some distributers remove the batteries from a sealed pack and sell the flashlight without, but never the head!

[/ QUOTE ]

JSWrightOC

Enlightened
Yes, the packages are in no way sealed. In fact, if you ever wanted to give your Arc to someone as a present (because the HA-III never wears off!) you could clean it up and put it back in the package with a new battery and pawn it off as being "brand new" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This might change how I purchase Arc products...though I figured that BrightGuy would be pretty reputable. This is in reference to an issue in a separate thread that I started:

Link

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes,

I've got one on order from them that should arrive today, I'll be sure to carefully examine it for it's head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That being said I've made lots of orders from countycomm in the past and they have always gone perfectly. I really do believe it was an honest oops and that they will fix it!

jkthomson

Newly Enlightened
I got my arc AAA from them this afternoon.

no problems whatsoever.

however, one of the infinity-G flashlights will not light up. Should I send an email to countycomm, or send it back to CMG for warranty?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JSWrightOC said:
In fact, if you ever wanted to give your Arc to someone as a present (because the HA-III never wears off!) you could clean it up and put it back in the package with a new battery and pawn it off as being "brand new" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't tell if the grin meant you weren't serious about the whole idea or about the HA never wearing off so I had to ask.
I've got two EDC Arcs and I've traded for other used Arcs and they all look used.
VERY USED.
Comparing them to other anodized lights they look pretty much the same.
The blacks definitely look worse than the naturals but since the black is supposedly HA-III as well....
Does anyone out there really have an EDC Arc that still looks new after a year?

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
Oh just listen to yourselves whine about such petty defects...
"My LS has a blemish on the ChemKote inside of the battery compartment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif"
"My two AAA's have slighly different depths to their LED's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif"
"My LSH-P is barely brighter than my LSH-S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif"

"My AAA doesn't have a head..."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I mean, in every day use, would you even notice the head is missing?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
kill, you are way over reacting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived a day late, today instead of yesterday, but it most definitely has a head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kill-O-Zap, while there are a lot of people running around today whome you could probably have fully inteligent conversations with without their heads. I know several folks who's conversational skills would be improved by it... but my Arc AAA is not one of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Catdaddy,

So did you get it resolved yet? I would trace back to the dealer first, and then the manafacturer, since the dealer was technically the last person to handle it, other than the mailmen.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusion about the dealer either. One small boo boo shouldn't constitute to poor service. I wish we could be a little bit more tolerent with some things. But that's a whole different topic.

Anyway, i hope you get your Arc AAA soon. I'm sure it was just a mix up, either during shipping (which is out of your and the dealer's control) or the manafacturer. I highly doubt that the Arc AAA left the factory like that, but you never know. And if it did, i really don't understand how NOBODY spotted it in the shipping process. It sure is puzzling. The amount of turns it requires to remove the head of an Arc AAA rules out accidental removal.

My bets are on the postal office. I bet some postal worker wanted to check the insides of the Arc AAA just to make sure that there wasn't any dangerous substances inside of it...and then forgot to put the head back on. If somebody wanted the light, they would have taken the whole thing, so i don't think it was theft.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Kill-O-Zap said:
Oh just listen to yourselves whine about such petty defects...
"My LS has a blemish on the ChemKote inside of the battery compartment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif"
"My two AAA's have slighly different depths to their LED's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif"
"My LSH-P is barely brighter than my LSH-S /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif"

"My AAA doesn't have a head..."

I mean, in every day use, would you even notice the head is missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif ROTFLMAO!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GJW said:
Does anyone out there really have an EDC Arc that still looks new after a year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. HA-III may be tough but it still show wear and tear. I think the only way to keep things looking new is to leave them at home, which kind of negates the purpose of having something for EDC.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts