DX WF-600 Q5 questions

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
I've done a lot of searching, and haven't found out what i'm looking for...

The DX product spec listings seem to be somewhat scatty, with several similar looking versions, odd spec, and a somewhat confusing set of user comments - so I thought I'd ask here if anyone has specific experience with this light (ie what people have actually received).

This thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/173652 seems to show the Q2 version in a fairly good light (pun intended :) ), but I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with the Q5 (specifically the 18650 only version).

1) Does the newer bin mean more light, or more runtime? - if so how much more? (The above link seemed to suggest that 18650 versions tended toward more runtime for higher bins, but I'm not sure if that's the case with this)
2) From what I've read, the older versions seemed to be able to run protected 18650s, is that still the case with the Q5? I assume it's just the LED that's changed, not any of the sizes...
3) What are the reflector and lens like on this in terms of quality? Is there a suitable replacement OP reflector that anyone's tried?

thanks

stevoman

Newly Enlightened
Just to clarify, the version in the review linked above is "WF-600 3W Cree Q2 LED Flashlight (18650) $28.00"

whereas the light i'm looking at is the "Aurora WF-600 Q5 2-Mode Cree LED Flashlight (18650/3.6V~4.2V) $38.36"

I haven't seen much review or discussion of the Aurora version