Malkoff M60 MOD..now what?

toph

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I have recently purchased a Malkoff M60 MOD. Im new to this forum and have been reading like crazy over the past few days. I tell you, this is really addicting for some reason i cant explain.

I was just surfing one day on another forum (SigForum) and came across someone mentioning CPF. I decided to check it out because i was in the market for a SF 9P and wanted to see what people thought on a forum dedicated to lights. Little did i know my curiosity with flashlights would explode after a few hours learning about the various things you can do to a stock one or custom one for this matter.

I now find myself on CPF more than my other regular forum (SigForum).

Anyway, i bought the Malkoff's M60 MOD first before even buying my light because of the fact that they sell out so dang quick. I already know what platform i want, a SUREFIRE 6PD.

I was wondering, which would be best to use as far as light output for my SF 6PD with Malkoff M60 MOD;

1) 2 good old PRIMARY SureFire cr123's
2) 2 AW Protected RCR123a's

thank you everyone for your input. im off to purchase the 6PD tomorrow at my local gun store. gotta support them, as they are the last and only gun shop in anti-gun San Francisco :eek:.

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job on getting an M60. I keep missing the availability. I have a C2, which I really like, and may also buy a 6P down the road.

You probably don't want to run on a single rechargeable - the light will drop out of regulation quickly. There is a thread about this out there. Should work with 2 rechargeables - it's rated up to 9V.

Your call on strike bezels, etc. Personally I think they are ugly, and I think they would only cause me trouble (e.g., trying to fly with one).

Last edited:

toph

Newly Enlightened
Good job on getting an M60. I keep missing the availability. I have a C2, which I really like, and may also buy a 6P down the road.

You probably don't want to run on a single rechargeable - the light will drop out of regulation quickly. There is a thread about this out there. Should work with 2 rechargeables - it's rated up to 9V.

Your call on strike bezels, etc. Personally I think they are ugly, and I think they would only cause me trouble (e.g., trying to fly with one).

Thanks for the reply. I work security alone, at a condo during the wee hours of the night (graveyard shift). I think the bezel would come in handy in some close encounter situations.