KX2 with a Reflector?

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
I searched all up and down cpf and can't find if anybody has put a reflector into the KX2 or KX1. If someone has can you point me in the right direction. I love my KL1 with reflector and have and extra mcr20 around here some where.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
IT'S DONE! I finished my TIR to Reflector convert. I sanded a shaved down McR-19 XR reflector and put a UCL lens. And now that your interested. 100x Thanks to TranquillityBase for providing the the McR-19 XR.

Pics to come... :nana:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my E1L CREE KX1 back from Milky today. It has the McR19-XR reflector with a UCL lens. I love it.

Dsc00374.jpg

Dsc00375.jpg

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE MOD!!!

Do you like it more?
What are the Pros and Cons?

Does the E1B use an optic?

I have one on pre-order and wonder if this would be the way to go....:thinking:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's really nice. Do you have any pics of the reflector that might show us where you had to shave it down?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like both SF TIR optics and reflectors. The reason I had this done to my E1L is that I have an ML1 with optic, and I have an E1B coming, which also has optic. I wanted a KX1 head with a reflector to give me an ultra small one cell light with an all round useful beam. This does just that. Nice spot with great spill in my pocket. The good thing about what milky did to it, is now it takes one 3.7v rechargeable, or two 3v primaries. I can use it on my E1 or E2 body. Milky put his Acorn driver in it, which gives me 180+ lumens...Yes, that's right....180+ freaking lumens in a little one cell Surefire. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it. The only thing is now I have 3 EDC's(ML1, ME1L, and Novatac 120P), with a fourth one on the way(E1B). The Acorn driver can be programmed to what levels you want. Mine has 4 levels(high, med., low, ultra low), and can be set to tactical mode, meaning it comes on in high output....or General mode, meaning it will come on in the last level it was at when turned off. With 4 levels, it's nice to have that memory function. I love this little light.

NICE MOD!!!

Do you like it more?
What are the Pros and Cons?

Does the E1B use an optic?

I have one on pre-order and wonder if this would be the way to go....:thinking: