Avenger can't catch a break

Don99

Newly Enlightened
:ohgeez:Many of us early adopters of the Lumapower Avenger are dealing with the start-up problems of a new product - clicky failures, battery size problems and now the recall of the Rebel 100. I really like this light and its everything I want in a EDC. Guess we can wait on a recall e-mail.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Don99, and welcome to CPF,
I was one of the first to get an Avenger, and while it did take me about 15 minutes to get it configured correctly, I haven't had any further problems ... but maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

I'll be interested to see if the Rebel LEDs used in the Avenger were in fact part of the batch affected by the recall. Until then, I'll just enjoy my new light for the excellent little keychain powerhouse it is.

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
Did Lumapower post a serial # range of the affected rebels? I have one that has been pretty good. Using the 10440 cells were the only problem, but it only needed a small spacer on the positive button to remedy that.

Don99

Newly Enlightened
These are great little lights especially with a 10440. I hope these are using Rebel's manufactured before the October 2007 date.

I can't find a serial number. My warranty card is blank except for a service reference # EDS-00000762.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had no problems with mine (s/n A0712000102) since the beginning but I only use NiMH's with the clickie switch and didn't have to mess around with the 'sticks'. :)

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did have to change the stick but have not had any problems with mine so far.My light is set up with the clickie switch and Energizer lithiums.
BTW I really like the UI with the clickie switch installed.There is a barely audible click when switching between low and high.The "click" allows me to set mode before I turn it on and there is no accidental" clicking to the wrong mode" if I turn the light off and on in short order.Also it is not necessary to click through one mode to get to the other like some two stage lights.
Although this light is larger and lacks the "WOW" factor of the other prominent AAA lights I think it is more practical to use in most cases.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I needed to shim the longest contact patch with foil but it works flawlessly on both aa and 10440 now...

kooter

Enlightened
No probs at all with my Avenger. It runs on any cell i throw at it, even AWs 10440s or Ultrafire 10440s. :thumbsup: